Taking 3,000 mile trip - tips?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Again great stuff guys. I am sure this will be helpful to more than just me.

I recently had my battery tested and he said it tested as brand new. Truck is late late '13. I think build date is in August or October of 2013. The truck also still has relatively low miles for its age (just hit 30k)

A 30 degree temperature difference was noted. Should I measure temperature at rest before the trip and again at stops, and if the temperature is greater than 30 degrees then be concerned?

I didn't think about bringing the second key, but I could see that being a life saver.

I am torn on the hazards thing. I really think it is a judgement call. Here in Florida we can get some pretty heavy rain, to the point where brake lights are difficult to see, but hazards make visibility of other vehicles easier. I have also been in situations where the rain wasn't heavy enough for hazards but a vehicle had them on and I was unsure of what they were doing or if they were having issues.

BTW we will be driving from Florida to Wisconsin for any that wanted to know.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Island-cowboy