TC/flex plate orientation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ironwerker1980

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just installing a crate long block and after I sat the new motor in place was looking to see what bolts were to be put where ( failed to lable and separate the big bolts) I was perusing the chilton's and noticed where it said to mark the flex plate and TC so it could be lined up to preserve the balance. Well I used the factory service manual as it is more descriptive when I pulled the old motor. The factory manual said nothing about this needing to be done. Am I good as I have cut the crane loose and don't want to have to pull the motor out again and then try and figure out if I can find factory marks ( if they exist) is there any way to tell or am I now f'd and about to undergo a process of start and pull then reposition the flex plate until correct ? Any help would be appreciated. 1st timer at this and new to online forums. Thanks

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just installing a crate long block and after I sat the new motor in place was looking to see what bolts were to be put where ( failed to lable and separate the big bolts) I was perusing the chilton's and noticed where it said to mark the flex plate and TC so it could be lined up to preserve the balance. Well I used the factory service manual as it is more descriptive when I pulled the old motor. The factory manual said nothing about this needing to be done. Am I good as I have cut the crane loose and don't want to have to pull the motor out again and then try and figure out if I can find factory marks ( if they exist) is there any way to tell or am I now f'd and about to undergo a process of start and pull then reposition the flex plate until correct ? Any help would be appreciated. 1st timer at this and new to online forums. Thanks
You do not have anything to worry about. I have removed and replaced more motors and transmission in my 22 year career without matking the flexplate or the converter. The only time I mark the flexplate and converter is for units that have offset bolt holes that wont line up if the converter is turned to the next set of holes. You dont have to worry about that. Get that thing together and let her rip!!

Octane

Reaction score
The flexplate is balanced,but not to the crank, so there is no wrong orientation.If it bolts up it works.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956