Tesla style radio from PhoenixAuto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
Looking for some information. Myself and another member on here both ordered the Tesla style vertical infotainment system from Phoenix Auto/Audio. We were both told the same story and it seems to be proving difficult at best to get any straight answers out of them. So here are some questions we are looking for answers to if anyone has dealt with this company and can help we thank you in advance.

#1, our systems are both supposedly being built and being shipped from China. How long did it take to get yours once you ordered it?

#2, if yours was also shipped from China did you have to pay any customs fees or taxes when it entered this country? (We were told there COULD be customs fees)

#3, how would you rate your product/customer experience after the sale? Would you recommend to a friend?

#4, any problems with your unit? What would you say is their weakest link?

Again thanks for any light you can shed.

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is literally a huge thread that covers all your questions. Search Tesla. You’ll find plenty.

OP
OP
Michigan BIGHORN

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
From reading over the past year Phoenix sucks that is all.

They just cancelled my order when I didn't ask them to and now they say I have to reorder it and start from scratch but they still haven't refunded my money! Bunch of ass bags if you ask me

tkabrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is currently sitting in the closet waiting to be sold, too many bugs and lack of support from Phoenix customer service. Switched it out for a Halo style.

OP
OP
Michigan BIGHORN

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
Never mind I see you have a 2015. Damn I would have bought it but I have a 2011.
The alpine halo is sweet but too rich for my blood.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
I would like to hear/see your progress and your reviews all the way through, if you don’t mind. I’ve been looking at different aftermarket options and this is one of them. I actually like my 8.4 nav system. For what I use it for it works fine. I’m always interested in upgrades.!

OP
OP
Michigan BIGHORN

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
I would like to hear/see your progress and your reviews all the way through, if you don’t mind. I’ve been looking at different aftermarket options and this is one of them. I actually like my 8.4 nav system. For what I use it for it works fine. I’m always interested in upgrades.!

Will do. Always happy to help out if I can. Just submitted the re order this morning. The money has been taken but so far no confirmation from them. Here we go again lol.

weilerc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine took 2 months to ship, received 3 weeks after shipping. Never heard anything back in the middle there when I contacted them. Customs to Canada cost be a little over $100.
Came with zero instructions and the wire for the USB OTG port was broken, so did not work with my USB's. I contacted them for 3 months, never heard back. There is another company called Rhino Radios that sells the identical radio, I contact them as a long shot and they sent me a new USB OTG cable harness for free as a courtesy even though they didnt sell me the radio in the first place, talk about customer service. That said, I do not recommend Phoenix Automotive, but I do recommend the radio. Everything works flawlessly. For anyone who hasnt ordered already though, I would order through Rhino Radio's instead, however it is the same product and you will eventually receive.