The END ::::::::

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wow, that must have hurt......your truck did well and glad you are OK. Yup, happy wife, happy life. Speedy recovery!

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Damn she got messed up, eh? Glad to hear you're alright though.

As for the wife, it sounds more as if SHE wants a luxury car. If you make the cash, go over her and get another truck.

hoe...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
+1 on the Chrysler 300.

Best car I ever owned, traded it on the ram as I needed a truck for work.

We are lucky enough to get the SRT8 with 6.4 and 8 speed here.....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When I am physically capable of getting out, I’ll head to the Chrysler dealership and test drive one.

Father Of Four

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I can say in all honestly if I were a smaller man, I would NOT have fared so well. Being 6’2” and 280lbs helped a lot. Those years of power lifting paid off lol. As far as another truck, I have been with my wife long enough. When she speaks lol, I listen.

Father Of Four

I've had a long term loaner 300 from work, as well as the Charger, IMHO I hear the SRT Durango is a pretty sweet luxury SUV. ;) JustSaying
01-2018-dodge-durango-srt-fd-1.jpg
As I said elsewhere, glad you're OK man.

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Plus now for 2018 the 300S comes with the body kit of the 6.4 SRT that the Aussies get. Put a 5.7 Hemi in and youve got a mean sleeper.

I actually really dig the 300 SRT. If they sold that beast in the US still, Id have bought it over the Scat.

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would do some serious research into safety ratings and see what you can find. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Ram has 4 star frontal crash rating and 5 star side crash rating for driver and passenger. Only the rollover rating is sub par and I have seen pictures of a lot of them that have been rolled and the cab structure held up. Not sure what more you would want.

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks to all, but my wife will not allow me to buy another truck. She insists that I use my other car, and that we buy a “ luxury “ car instead. I never used my Ram as a real truck and because of that she’s putting her wifey card down on the table lol.

Father Of Four

House rule (at our house): She buys what she wants and I buy what I want to drive. That is why she drives an Odyssey and I just traded my Challenger R/T on a Ram. Some day this may get to be a problem but it has worked for us for 45 years now.

Last edited:

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those who did not see, I was in a MAJOR collision yesterday. She hit me so hard till it sent me flying across the intersection. I was rushed to the ER with severe back pain and difficulty breathing.

I’m home today and am laid up with pain. The Ram on the other hand did not fare as well. She is no longer with us and I’m having a moment of silence about that. Over 192,000 miles of great times and never failed to put a smile on my face. I can not speak highly enough of it and what it brought to the table. I know that I am not the only one who’s survived due to the durability of the Ram. I am just grateful I had her for these last seven years.
7a2e68436d08b6ab3978f862883d4183.jpg
21c6c5628754bbbf5f4c0a58ecbf805e.jpg
92800d30d18f2c3b356dec4ce5f04695.jpg
bb7777d1e68811d1e279b92a60b8d870.jpg
6a2d01646e358d7d057b0c2348d99e57.jpg

Father Of Four
Is it totalled or is it fixable?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to all, but my wife will not allow me to buy another truck. She insists that I use my other car, and that we buy a “ luxury “ car instead. I never used my Ram as a real truck and because of that she’s putting her wifey card down on the table lol.

Father Of Four
Buy the Ram, replace the wife!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You must be single eh?
Not necessarily. Everyone cuts their own deals in life. My wife and I split the shared household expenses(mortgage, utilities, cable, I pay for groceries, she cooks) our vehicles, insurances, credit cards are separate. I buy what every I want after I pay my share. I don't understand being told how to spend the money I work for especially if your wife doesn't work. I guess I'm not evolved enough to marry a second mother to boss me around.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Geez dude calm down. The guy just wrecked his truck and is laid up. No need to be nit picking how he runs his household..

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not necessarily. Everyone cuts their own deals in life. My wife and I split the shared household expenses(mortgage, utilities, cable, I pay for groceries, she cooks) our vehicles, insurances, credit cards are separate. I buy what every I want after I pay my share. I don't understand being told how to spend the money I work for especially if your wife doesn't work. I guess I'm not evolved enough to marry a second mother to boss me around.

Wow dude, what the hell is the matter with you? No need to be like that here.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I guess I'm not evolved enough to marry a second mother to boss me around.

As others said, calm down dude. Others could expand on comments about how you have a limited partnership, and not a real marriage. However, this is not what this thread is about. To each their own.

DRkNESS, good luck with your situation. I hope she had good insurance, and I hope that you get everything well compensated for. I'm not one of those "sue them for everything they have" people, but you definitely deserve more than fair compensation for your vehicle, your medical bills, any time you have to take off from work, etc. Please keep us updated.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you gents, I’m trying to heal and am just looking to keep folks updated on that. I never worry / comment on things as I know my household and am happy with it. How others do theirs, I’m happy for them also and would never try and punch my lifestyle on them. I guess it’s true when they say “ to each his own “ ...

Father Of Four

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Wow dude, what the hell is the matter with you? No need to be like that here.
Nothing is the matter with me. It was implied that a guy that wouldn't let a woman rule him must be single. I'm just supporting the fact that isn't necessarily true. If that post is considered to be so very offensive I can understand how it could be hard for some people to stand up to their wife. Feel free to use the block feature so you won't see any more of my radical posts.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Diversity. We all do it a little different. Durango’s and Grand Cherokees are sweet. I have too big of clan for either but maybe some day. My Ram will stay in my family but I have to move to a Suburban size rig soon. I hope you can find something that works for you and your family.