The END ::::::::

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First of all I'm glad that you are OK, it looks like it could have been a lot worse if you were driving something smaller with a lot less protection. As people have said, vehicles can be replaced, people can not. Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery and no lasting problems. Hopefully she will soften her hard line against a truck, as I think it probably saved you from having a lot more severe injury. Good luck and I hope you and your family still have a good holiday.
Jay

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Hey Darkness please if u can post a before pic in origin thread. Truly one of tha rams that was clean well put together.......... she will be missed!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hopefully you heal up okay. It was a sexy truck and clearly well cared for, but you'll make your new one just as nice I'm sure. Just keep looking sad about it and she might give in and let you have a pity purchase.

Last edited:

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Damn man, sorry to hear this. Glad it wasn’t worse. Hope to see you in a shiny new one when you’re aches go away. That knee though, ugh! I know it’s not from the accident but still, ugh!

jmh288

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 (2017 1500 KIA OCT 2017)
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It Sucks that beauty of a truck got taken out. But like I said before, at least you’re able to tell us about the accident yourself. I hope your pain goes away quickly.

Your truck definitely provided added protection for you in that crash. Mine was demolished on the drivers front pretty bad, had I been in a car it would’ve been worse for me. I only suffered seat belt bruising, sore left hand and a sore neck for a week or so.

8b0aa71f972839b8c5f82d84d1957ef1.jpg

If you’re not getting another Ram, I hope you get a really nice fancy luxury suv for Christmas. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So sorry about this, sucks man. Did you ever get to even put the rebel rims on??

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You could have been dead in a car. That would be my argument with her. Or maybe you have to much life insurance?
Sorry about your loss, Godspeed on healing. How'd the other driver fare? It might be a good reason to put you back in another truck.

I'm not a physicist, but I'll bet a 2.5 ton truck adsorbs energy better than a mini van or 4-door sedan.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So sorry about the accident!! Looks like you got hit really good. I hope you heal really well and hoping for a speedy recovery. Sucks about your truck!

So, what was she doing texting and going too fast?!? Did she even hit the brakes? WTF?!?
Good luck going forward brother!

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dang, sorry to see/hear this but I'm glad your still with us

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
What does an optioned out Ram not have that a luxury car does? Whatever it is it doesn't beat being big and heavy enough to take an impact and save your life,not to mention the ability to haul and tow weight if you do ever want to. Here is a link to an old study but I don't think the physics that produce the findings have changed. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2007/04/iihs-and-nhtsa-agree-suvs-safer-than-cars/

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Glad you are ok man!!!

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you folks and no I never had a chance to put on my Rebel wheels as the tires I ordered for them are in their way. Rebel wheels will be up for sale sadly.

Father Of Four

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Best of luck to you on a speedy recovery. I hope your pain is manageable. I know you're heartbroken on the truck -- it showed how much you cared for that vehicle in your posts. Don't despair, good things are coming your way. As for vehicle choices, well brother we all know the drill: HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE.

Just because you may not have a truck in your near future, don't be a stranger here. There's more to this forum than MOPAR chat.

- Jack

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am sorry to see and hear this. I am glad you will recover. As far as it is concerned, I side with your wife. Sure trucks are safe as in they can take a hit, but they do not absorb energy well. I am sure as you can feel, most of the energy went into your body. I would do some serious research into safety ratings and see what you can find. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I can say in all honestly if I were a smaller man, I would NOT have fared so well. Being 6’2” and 280lbs helped a lot. Those years of power lifting paid off lol. As far as another truck, I have been with my wife long enough. When she speaks lol, I listen.

Father Of Four

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad you're going to be ok. Whatever vehicle you end up with I hope you and the family enjoy it for many years to come.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you, having two daughters left at home near college age makes us have to buy a family hauler.

Father Of Four