Theft wire cut

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Barber

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Dodge ram 1500 SLT
Engine
4.7L Magnum
My 06 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Was broken into and the original radio wiring was cut .and now I am looking for the whole radio wiring I believe it from the fire wall but anyone now the part number or where I can find this plus the original manufacturer's radio .. I thank you in advance.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you thought about wrecking yards to get the wiring and radio?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are in for way more than you may think if you’re looking to replace the entire factory wiring harness. The dash harness runs across the entire width of the dash from kick panel to kick panel. You would have to disassemble the entire dash assembly to get it out and put in a new one. Also, the wiring harness is vin specific based on your truck’s options, so you would probably have to get the part number from the dealer. Also get a quote on the labor to install it. I want to say it is at least 7 hours book time to replace. Throw in the few hundred for the radio itself and you’re probably looking at a $1500+ repair bill.

Your best bet would be to find a ‘Pull a Part’ or ‘U Pull It’ and cut the pigtail from a truck on the yard and splice it back in wire to wire. The colors should be the same if you get it from the same year same trim level truck. Total cost, probably $6.

It would also be a great opportunity to install an aftermarket radio. $150 for a factory radio used or maybe $300 for an Android Auto/ Carplay receiver and adapter. Just a thought.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990