Third Brake Light Upgrade 2022 Laramie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That answers a pending question I had over the phone with the local Ram dealer. I wasn't sure if the improved design for the CHMSL (not sure what that stands for, but the square cab vents behind the bed) was through Ram or was aftermarket. Now, I know!

I will update soon about the condish of my vents.

Thanks to all!
CHMSL = Center High Mount(ed) Stop Light

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
That answers a pending question I had over the phone with the local Ram dealer. I wasn't sure if the improved design for the CHMSL (not sure what that stands for, but the square cab vents behind the bed) was through Ram or was aftermarket. Now, I know!

I will update soon about the condish of my vents.

Thanks to all!

LOL, I had to Google it the 1st time too...
Ready?
CHMSL = Center High Mounted Stop Light.

:cool:

Ramregret

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2014 Laramie 1500. I ordered LED reverse lamps and an LED for the 3rd brake light.
I ordered the wrong LEDs for the reverse but found they fit in the cargo lamps. So now I have LED 3rd brake light, LED cargo, and LED reverse.
The reverse lights are like rear-facing headlights and the cargo lights are like stadium lighting. In reverse I can light up the whole back yard, about 3/4 acre.
The 3rd brake light bulb from the factory wasn't bad but the LED kicks it up a bit.
The assembly has never leaked on my truck even though I've had it apart and re-assembled at least 6-7 times.
What brand and sizes did you use!

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC, True Blue Pearl
Engine
5.7L Hemi
What brand and sizes did you use!

It will vary by year, options package, etc. Everything I got that actually fit, worked, and are very bright, came from here...

Set the details for your vehicle and they point to all the choices for your applications.

EDIT: My truck came with LED parking lights and turn signals front and rear, from the factory. Even interior lighting is LED.
I just needed reverse, 3rd brake, and cargo.

I'm still on the fence about changing from halogen to LED headlamps as it is illegal and I have to get inspected annually.