This looks rather promising; Helltruck......lookout Raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All it is, potentially, is the test mule for the engine/transmission/driveline.
You think FCA would be driving a finished product in 2018 for a truck slated to release in 2020?

I'm interested in a TRX based off price and if they release a street truck.
If it's in the Jeep Trackhawk price range I'll just buy an used Gen 1/Gen 2 Raptor. Not paying 80-90k+ for an offroad truck, which will be used for offroad purposes.
Not that big of a baller to be sending a 100k truck in the air.

Last edited:

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Funny thing is, I've read a lot of online posts of different people saying brand A looks like brand B now and vice versa. It's kinda weird or just people hating on the brands they don't like.

I didn't like the redesigned Chargers when I first saw pictures but seeing them in person changed my mind.

I love the new RAM's with the color matched grills & bumpers. The chrome throws of the look for me. The interiors are out of this world.

I hate to admit it, but my opinion is the 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 & Denali has everyone else beat in the exterior looks department.

sGEVnHN.jpg

Agreed. GMC has always almost always made good looking trucks.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why was this moved ???

Yes, it is about a 5th gen truck, but it is asking if 4th gen lovers would buy it for the engine/drivetrain in the new body style.

I assumed it was asking if the engine was worth the drawbacks of the new body style.

Obviously people in the 5th gen section would, as they already like the 5th gen.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i like how this is a "hellcat" ram based on the guy taking the pictures thinking he is hearing a supercharger whine....

ill believe its a hellcat when i see under the hood, i dont trust anything any reporter thinks, just like the weather reporters, whatever they think is usually wrong...

he may have actually been hearing his girlfriend's "whining" about him standing there taking pictures of a strangers truck....

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think my new Ram looks like a Tundra. It most certainly don't look like my Sons new Silverado. I think the Fit and Finish inside the truck is far ahead of Silverado by a long shot! I don't know about inside a tundra never been in one. I have owned many Rams in a row last many years..... If I were a first time buyer and drove a new Silverdao and then this new 19 Ram I would take the Ram hands down! Just my Opinion.

Hope i didn't offend you, it was not my intention, you obviously like you truck and that is what matters. Please note that i wrote "RAM may have messed up...", i'm not sure they did yet, as we have to see the truck sales at least for their 1st year to have a better picture, i'm a car enthusiast at heart, and i've had many sport and offroad vehicles from different manufacturers, and i don't see that "gotta have it" factor with the new RAM like Raptor owners for example will have for a new Raptor, or Tacoma owners for the newer improved Taco, or actually Silverado owners on the same note, on the car side, you can't find people more crazy for the next model than Corvette owners, prob on a little lesser extent, Mustangs owners or Challenger owners, i know somebody mentioned Charger, lol, Chargers were Chargers back in the 70's, i'll leave it at that...

I keep looking at this "truck is growing on me" comment... i've been there with that same line, so i know it perfectly, i had a 2006 LS2 GTO with the 6 speed manual, i enjoyed the crap out of the car, and spent a lot of money and sweat in mods for it, but in the end, nothing i did could change what the car was..., sure any vehicle looks can grow on you, or it can put that grin in your face the 1st time, and every time after that.... i'm not saying i hate the look of the new RAM truck, i'm just saying i don't see this particular model generating the rave / gotta have it factor people have for other brands when a new model is introduced in the market, perhaps i'm wrong, and it wouldn't be the 1st time, but again, this it's just an opinion, what matters is whatever makes you happier..

I wish RAM a success, i've had an F150, have a Silverado ('10 Crew cab LT), I don't think i'll have another Ford product anywhere near the future, but Dodge and Chevy are both great in my book :)

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Funny thing is, I've read a lot of online posts of different people saying brand A looks like brand B now and vice versa. It's kinda weird or just people hating on the brands they don't like.

I didn't like the redesigned Chargers when I first saw pictures but seeing them in person changed my mind.

I love the new RAM's with the color matched grills & bumpers. The chrome throws of the look for me. The interiors are out of this world.

I hate to admit it, but my opinion is the 2019 GMC Sierra AT4 & Denali has everyone else beat in the exterior looks department.

sGEVnHN.jpg
I am going on record: This specific truck with this specific trim DOES look good. There, I got it out of my system. I actually complimented a Jimmy. I feel better now. Thanks for letting me share. (applause).

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get used any version of the TRX being in the 5th gen body. There is no way on earth they'd put in the 4th gen even though the SEMA truck is awesome.

My prediction is if they do go a head with the hellcat motor it will be in a Rebel configuration.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Get used any version of the TRX being in the 5th gen body. There is no way on earth they'd put in the 4th gen even though the SEMA truck is awesome.

My prediction is if they do go a head with the hellcat motor it will be in a Rebel configuration.

Why wouldn't they? It's far more popular body style and they are making 2019 classic editions with the 4th gen body? So what's your arguement?

Dsooby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swear 90% of ya'll need to go back to school and learn how to read properly. It's very obviously just a test bed for the suspension and drivetrain... The finished product will more likely than not be a beefier/wider version of the 2019 Rebel.

For F$#K's sake people..

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why wouldn't they? It's far more popular body style and they are making 2019 classic editions with the 4th gen body? So what's your arguement?
Is the TRX going to be a 1 yr run? When the classic edition's run is over then what?

The 5th gen is the flagship body moving forward. The TRX will be the newest of the new. I like the 4th gen better than the 5th but it's run it's course for Ram.

You can't cling to the past and attempt to introduce something totally new.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those rims are horrible. I like the sema body matching color ones.

Former owner of a 2012 Ram 1500...and future owner of a Ram 1500

OP
OP
TruckNut

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hopefully the outer package will change, but the fact that FCA may actually build a Raptor competitor is indicative of their focus on performance.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine

sGEVnHN.jpg
that looks good....

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hope i didn't offend you, it was not my intention, you obviously like you truck and that is what matters. Please note that i wrote "RAM may have messed up...", i'm not sure they did yet, as we have to see the truck sales at least for their 1st year to have a better picture, i'm a car enthusiast at heart, and i've had many sport and offroad vehicles from different manufacturers, and i don't see that "gotta have it" factor with the new RAM like Raptor owners for example will have for a new Raptor, or Tacoma owners for the newer improved Taco, or actually Silverado owners on the same note, on the car side, you can't find people more crazy for the next model than Corvette owners, prob on a little lesser extent, Mustangs owners or Challenger owners, i know somebody mentioned Charger, lol, Chargers were Chargers back in the 70's, i'll leave it at that...

I keep looking at this "truck is growing on me" comment... i've been there with that same line, so i know it perfectly, i had a 2006 LS2 GTO with the 6 speed manual, i enjoyed the crap out of the car, and spent a lot of money and sweat in mods for it, but in the end, nothing i did could change what the car was..., sure any vehicle looks can grow on you, or it can put that grin in your face the 1st time, and every time after that.... i'm not saying i hate the look of the new RAM truck, i'm just saying i don't see this particular model generating the rave / gotta have it factor people have for other brands when a new model is introduced in the market, perhaps i'm wrong, and it wouldn't be the 1st time, but again, this it's just an opinion, what matters is whatever makes you happier..

I wish RAM a success, i've had an F150, have a Silverado ('10 Crew cab LT), I don't think i'll have another Ford product anywhere near the future, but Dodge and Chevy are both great in my book :)

Ahhh no you never offended me at all....just gave my Opinion. I really like the New Ram much better over my 14 and I liked the 14 too. I have owned Ford ,Chevy and MOPAR.....As for Chargers being well Chargers as you say...lol...I really Like my 18 Charger 392 Scat Pack!! Its just awesome! I like cannot wait to see the 20 Chargers and Challengers! My scat pack draws more attention than the Vettes with people coming up and taking pictures of it all the time...half of the people thinks its a Hellcat and the Vette owners absolutely don't like it...lol.

No offense taken at all. Thanks for your opinion. Good luck with what ever you have and enjoy the old and the new!

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I swear 90% of ya'll need to go back to school and learn how to read properly. It's very obviously just a test bed for the suspension and drivetrain... The finished product will more likely than not be a beefier/wider version of the 2019 Rebel.

For F$#K's sake people..

Chill man! Folks just talking,no one knows what it will be until it gets here, if it does!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think there are some real illiterate people on this forum. It clearly states this is a mule. Saying its ugly is pointless because you are looking at a non-production truck. It was designed to look somewhat factory in order to test the power train.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The real problem with this truck, and you can argue it all you want will be price. In order to compete with the Raptor in its Baja class it will need that same travel and suspension. This would make the ram a healthy price tag to start with as the Rebel is not a raptor comparison not even close. Now if they make a Raptor competitor with a normal hemi or even the 6.4 it would be in the 70-80 mark. Now a Hellcat your talking a 100k truck, it might outrun it with the Hellcat, but still wont compete with a 30-40k less truck.

They need to stay in the performance category with the truck and not try to compare it to a Raptor. I can say as a Ford Dealer, 99% of my Raptors sold have never been in the dirt, no less airborne. Make the fastest mall hauler and it will win.

Jason G Slabaugh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
My guess is that more TRX's will probably show up more at the 1320 than off roading. Just an opinion..If it has a long travel suspension, then it wouldn't make it as drag strip friendly anyway

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My guess is that more TRX's will probably show up more at the 1320 than off roading. Just an opinion..If it has a long travel suspension, then it wouldn't make it as drag strip friendly anyway

But it would look epic, long travel and 707 hp it’ll look like it’s doing a wheelie the whole way. Then at 100 mph lose control and do cartwheels