Three Years in a ROW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dale197338

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi
But I bet they will still say Ford is the number one selling truck 38-39 years in a row blah, blah, blah. Don't get that at all.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
lol just had a gm dealer tell me last week how Ram simply doesnt compare to their line of pick ups...

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
But I bet they will still say Ford is the number one selling truck 38-39 years in a row blah, blah, blah. Don't get that at all.

Here's how it works. MT does a subjective test and declares a winner based on what they judge is important.

Ford's statement only has to do with how MANY trucks have been sold, not how good they are.

Maybe the difficulty comes from assuming that a "better" truck will sell more easily/frequently than one not as "good". There are lots of reasons people buy trucks. Ford seems to have figured out what the masses want.

Not too many people would argue that a Toyota Yaris is better than a Mercedes S Class, yet the Yaris outsells S Class by a factor of 100:1 (or some such ridiculous number).

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol just had a gm dealer tell me last week how Ram simply doesnt compare to their line of pick ups...
Kind of reminds me of 6 years ago when one of my co-workers(four of us bought new Silverado's from the same dealer in 2014)was at the GM dealer getting service done and told our salesman that I had traded that last GM POS for a Ram and he said no worries that I would be back....well I haven't, that previous gen Silverado was a vibrating ****box that soured me on GM for good.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Kind of reminds me of 6 years ago when one of my co-workers(four of us bought new Silverado's from the same dealer in 2014)was at the GM dealer getting service done and told our salesman that I had traded that last GM POS for a Ram and he said no worries that I would be back....well I haven't, that previous gen Silverado was a vibrating ****box that soured me on GM for good.

I bought a '14 GMC and sold it after 4,000 miles.

Granted, I was a stupid buyer. I've been a GM Man for 40 years. Never owned another truck. So I went, did the 5 mile test drive and thought "yeah, this is better than my 2009". But after a few months I was like "Who's controlling the tranny in this thing - the Gas ****?!!" It wanted to live at 1200 RPM, and the 5.3 has just above 0 torque at 1200 RPM, so when you need to accelerate (or maintain speed on a hill) it would drop 2-3 gears AT ONCE, scaring all the grandparents and little girls within a half mile radius. Not to mention, it made me look like a wanna-be gearhead (in my mid 50s).

RAM forever. Well, unless they choke and someone else does better. Fact is, RAM may have been doing better for a long time. Maybe forever. But since I had never been unsatisfied with GM before, it didn't matter.

I run a business - I NEVER look for new suppliers (and rarely even open up to offers from newcomers) unless I am dissatisfied. Could it save me money? Maybe. But how much does it cost to get used to the new way of doing business? Joey says "Hey, we need another 500# of GL-190 from Myss Brothers" and it takes me 15 minutes to figure out that Hit Bros calls is HP-190P. All that infrastructure change has a cost too.

Now, maybe for an individual with gobs of "free" time on his hands it doesn't matter. I don't know about you, but even as an individual I can't find more than about 1440 minutes per day, and each one of them is valuable to me since they're one of the very few things I haven't yet figured out how to buy.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Guess Ram never sends MotorTrend the truck that leaks never ending water through 3rd brake light and fries the module that controls battery charging/starting circuit or the one that brakes howls when backing up on a cold morning...or chews up a cam/lifter. LOL

dale197338

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi
Guess Ram never sends MotorTrend the truck that leaks never ending water through 3rd brake light and fries the module that controls battery charging/starting circuit or the one that brakes howls when backing up on a cold morning...or chews up a cam/lifter. LOL
Like its been said before buy a Ford, Chevy, or Japanese truck they are 100% bulletproof. Never any failures

dale197338

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 4X4
Engine
Hemi
Just to be sure - I detect a faint note of sarcasm.
Maybe a little bit. This site is good but it gets old reading these trucks are garbage or this or that every other thread. Guess parents never taught them if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all. I've owner quite a few FCA products and they all have been better then the other products I've owned.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Like its been said before buy a Ford, Chevy, or Japanese truck they are 100% bulletproof. Never any failures

What I'm getting at is, these vehicles are hand selected by the manufactures for these magazine tests/reviews and aren't the vehicles that we buy that have the problems year-after-year that they don't fix. All manufactures included, when is the last time you saw a magazine test/review where they had a major problem with the vehicle? But we (the masses) have problems right off the lot...like lifter tick!!!!!!!!!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
What I'm getting at is, these vehicles are hand selected by the manufactures for these magazine tests/reviews...

The only magazine(s) I pay attention to is one that buys (with "their own" money) as a generic Joe Blow.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Well, it's true...

Like in those car mags when they say it's not really fair to compare a Yugo to a Ferrari just because they're so much cheaper.