Throttle body spacer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teligence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an '03 5.7. Any idea how much performance is affected if I install a throttle body spacer? So much hype from manufacturers and sellers. Specifically, I'm looking for real-world data regarding HP, torque, mileage, and throttle response.

Thx

OP
OP
T

Teligence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thx - does snake oil taste like chicken oil?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The more your pay the more bitter it tastes unfortunately. If throttle response is something your looking for a pedal commander is a great tool. I just picked up a used one and like it a lot.
Not for an 03.

I have an '03 5.7. Any idea how much performance is affected if I install a throttle body spacer? So much hype from manufacturers and sellers. Specifically, I'm looking for real-world data regarding HP, torque, mileage, and throttle response.

Thx
Unless you're gonna drill and tap it for nitrous oxide, you will get no benefit and depending on it's internal diameter may actually restrict airflow. Save the money, get a tuner. Unfortunately your options are limited with a 2003 unless you're willing to do some major work.

Go-Mango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put a BBK body and spacer on my engine and don't know if power was really affected but I do like the new sound of the intake. Sounds like I have a turbo when in fact I don't. Helps to ditch the engine cover too.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yup 03 was still cable I'm sure. Missed that.
The pedal is, the TB is not.

I put a BBK body and spacer on my engine and don't know if power was really affected but I do like the new sound of the intake. Sounds like I have a turbo when in fact I don't. Helps to ditch the engine cover too.
Not an engine cover, that is a silencer. Most of the noise you are probably hearing is from losing the silencer, though the whistle is definitely the paperweight you currently have in your intake tract.