Time for some new tires. Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
2017 Rebel--Came with Toyo Open Country A/T 285/70/17". Had 70K miles on them. Put some Toyo Open Country A/T3 305/70/17 on a few weeks ago. Nice aggressive tread, tracks good on highway and handles good in the rain. Don't worry much about snow handling down in La.

Sinistre1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
FWIW, if you decide to go street tires I bought a set of General Grabber HTS60's in October and I'm loving them. I'm in NY and I made it my business to get out and PLAY in the snow. They track as close to on rails as I can imagine an all weather tire can. I've actually been showing off, slipping into 4wd and parking in/ on snow mounds that other people pass by or have to shovel out first. In the wet they are phenomenal and same in the dry. They really are all around better than the wranglers.... low bar that they set not withstanding. Lol. Best thing is I bought them on tire rack for low 700ish shipped and there was a 70 rebate at that time... not sure about now. Went to a tirerack installer and was all done for another $100. Mount, balance etc. Best thing is tire rack includes warranty not a bad leal at $200 a corner. Oh yes, they are very quiet and they track very well. Much harder to do slide turns, but the guy sra's had 25k on them so maybe not a fair comparison

martinrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What ones did you get. I am really think the K02 And have them shipped to my house 1300 CAD then I need to find a place to install them

I got the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, went up a size to 275/65R20, it was the same price stock sized so I said screw it I’ll go up a size.

rick1201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
About a year ago I replaced the crappy slippery goodyears on my 17 Bighorn 1500 Bridgestone Duellers. I am very pleased with the ride and traction. Anything is an improvement in the stock goodyears.

Rick

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, went up a size to 275/65R20, it was the same price stock sized so I said screw it I’ll go up a size.
Is the truck stock and I haven’t done much to my truck except in spring air bags. I love to go a little bigger but I don’t know is it effecting your fuel mileage and the speedo

martinrk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is the truck stock and I haven’t done much to my truck except in spring air bags. I love to go a little bigger but I don’t know is it effecting your fuel mileage and the speedo

When I first had them put on I was stock height. I just put in a levelling kit 2 days ago. Dead middle of winter here my fuel mileage always goes to ****. Speedo doesn’t seem to be affected much.
Here’s a pic of the truck stock height with tires.

30651138-63F5-4747-A84C-140D3C79856A.jpeg

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm looking to buy tires for my new wheels I have the goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure and there great tires but I might try the cooper at3 4s they look pretty good also. Anybody have the cooper's ?

View attachment 237946

I put these Coopers on mine. Just have stock 17 inch rims. Load range E. Got them at walmart. Ordered them online. They shipped to store. Mounting, balance, lifetime rotation $600 out the door.
Resized_20191216_160708.jpg
20191224_161652(1).jpeg

Of course, no worries about snow here in FL, so not best option for those dealing with the white stuff.

Last edited:

patmanz28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have the continental terraincontact HT. best tire I have had on a truck. Good mileage, great traction, quiet, I have had zero issues with the deep snow (2wd) they come with roadside assistance, and repair coverage. great tire good price. i have had them coming on a year now and barely showing wear. the terrible stock sra looked ragged after the same mileage.

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Last time I bought ATs, Tire Rack search showed Firestone Destination ATs at top, barely over Yokohama Geolander ATs. Top ratings for quiet, wet and snow traction, braking distance, customer reviews. Yokos were $30/tire cheaper so I got them. 20k miles and they didn't disappoint me. 27 mpg at 70 mph in my 1500 Ecodiesel.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put these Coopers on mine. Just have stock 17 inch rims. Load range E. Got them at walmart. Ordered them online. They shipped to store. Mounting, balance, lifetime rotation $600 out the door.
View attachment 238058
View attachment 238059

Of course, no worries about snow here in FL, so not best option for those dealing with the white stuff.
I bought factory oem wheels that have been refinished in pvd chrome I wont be using them in the winter but I would like to try the at3 4s

20210127_123604.jpg

SOLER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have Cooper ATPs. Discount Tire is the only one that sells them. I have them on my Ram 1500, and my wife's jalopy ('04 Jeep GC). Love them. I put Cooper AT3s on her newer Jeep GC, only because I couldn't get the ATPs in the right size for that vehicle. I have over 80k miles, yes miles (not kms) on my ATPs on my Ram with a few thousand miles to go. Might cost a little more, but I got my money's worth. The warranty for them is like 55k miles or so. They are a little noisy, but not as bad as BFG KO's (IMHO).

2020Ram4x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I hope yall are having a good night wherever you are. It's time for me to get some new tires and I would like to know which tires are really worth the money, I have 275 60 20s Goodyear Wrangler SR A. They don't really last that long and I want to get something better than that but around the same price. I'm in Florida and if you know of any place that has a good deal let me know please ! Thanks for the help.

The General Grabber AT/X tires are worth a look. Really happy with mine, they look great and are silent on the road.

Killface3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
Hey guys I hope yall are having a good night wherever you are. It's time for me to get some new tires and I would like to know which tires are really worth the money, I have 275 60 20s Goodyear Wrangler SR A. They don't really last that long and I want to get something better than that but around the same price. I'm in Florida and if you know of any place that has a good deal let me know please ! Thanks for the help.
Nokian Rotiiva A/T. Snow, ice, rain, mud, heat. Does it all exceptionally well!

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View media item 30470View media item 30470View media item 30472View media item 30474View media item 30474

Your truck 4x4, yes? I switched to Goodyear Trailrunner AT and absolutely love them. Got them at Mr Tire and they come with a 55000 mile warranty.

Tonino

Vic Nov

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking to buy tires for my new wheels I have the goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure and there great tires but I might try the cooper at3 4s they look pretty good also. Anybody have the cooper's ?

View attachment 237946

View attachment 237947

View attachment 237948
Hey Simpleman. I have been running the cooper discovery at3's for about 4 years now (same tirees). The wear is not to bad and they are great in the snow. My only complaint is in cold weather, the tire pressure can drop upto 8 pounds, some times more. I have had them re-beaded once. The service guy said due to 20inch aluminum rims, water gets in-between tire and bead and corroded it.

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Simpleman. I have been running the cooper discovery at3's for about 4 years now (same tirees). The wear is not to bad and they are great in the snow. My only complaint is in cold weather, the tire pressure can drop upto 8 pounds, some times more. I have had them re-beaded once. The service guy said due to 20inch aluminum rims, water gets in-between tire and bead and corroded it.
Thanks for the info I have goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure on my other wheels and they seem to be a good tire I was thinking of trying the at3 4s on my new wheels I don't think I'll use them in the winter unless I sell my original wheels

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat