Tire balance with beads??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone had any success with using beads to balance a 12.5” wide tire?
One tire is giving me a slight vibe in the 55-60mph range, and the local shop is suggesting that I try using beads to balance it.
I’m fine with using the beads, but I’ve read in a few places that they don’t work quite as well with wider tires, and was wandering if anyone here has any experience using them with 12” or wider tires?

I realize that having a road force balance done would probably be the best option, but I haven’t found anyplace close by that offers it yet.

Oh, tire balances fine on spin balance machine, and even checked it on old school bubble balancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lifted2wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would avoid the beads. I use to sell tires I'd only use them on boggers and semi tires. Ask the shop to dual plain balance if they havent already. And ensure they are zeroing out the balance, alot of shops will get it to .25oz off and call in good. Just my thoughts

OP
OP
muddy12

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
[emoji106] thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk