Tire Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Interesting, I have no experience with them but if you hop on any RV forum you'll find the Endurance being recommended almost every time? A ton of people swear by them.
I've tried the Carlisle's, then the Carlisle HD's, then Maxxis 8008's. Now I have the Endurance tires on all my trailers. They've been fantastic so far. Although they wear a lot faster than I'd like. But I've never had a blow out and they wear very evenly, track well. I'll continue to buy the Endurance tires until something better comes along.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I've tried the Carlisle's, then the Carlisle HD's, then Maxxis 8008's. Now I have the Endurance tires on all my trailers. They've been fantastic so far. Although they wear a lot faster than I'd like. But I've never had a blow out and they wear very evenly, track well. I'll continue to buy the Endurance tires until something better comes along.
I ran the Carlisle radial and never had a problem.

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Interesting, I have no experience with them but if you hop on any RV forum you'll find the Endurance being recommended almost every time? A ton of people swear by them.
Well my take on this is two fold. First, that's because they are the best of ST tires out there to which I won't argue with. Carlisle probably being second. Second, read about trailer tires and virtually everyone says use Endurance and always use ST tires. This is passed on and on and on.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ran the Carlisle radial and never had a problem.
Went through two sets on my bass boat trailers. Tires didn't blow, but had belt separation with tread shift. Thought the HD's would be better when they came out. One blew out in the first month, took out the fender.

Luck of the draw I guess.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
They are not trailer tires to be clear, they are light truck tires. LT235/75R15 load range E 10 ply 80psi max, it's gone from 2,180lbs capacity per tire to 2,755 per tire. I did have to buy new 15X6" wheels as the 15X5" stock wheels were to narrow for a 9.50" cross section tire.

Why did I go with LT tires? I personally don't like ST trailer tires and don't buy into the hype. I spent 15 years in the tire industry and back then all trailer tires were LT regardless of trailer type. I rarely saw issues other than an occasional defective tire, tire misuse or due to trailer problems. Now with ST tires there are constant failures and a good percentage cannot be explained other than garbage tires.

Mine came with Goodyear Endurance and I lost two within 30 days for no reason. I have 5K on these tires now and there's no wear on them at all, they ride 100% smoother than the ST, and the trailer feels solid behind the truck and the tread depth over double of an ST tire. I'm not advocating anyone else do this, just what I do.
I agree 100%. We have an open car trailer, a 28' tag box trailer and now a 34' goose at work for hauling cars/displays/empty shells around the country promoting our products in. I've put ~60-80k on the car trailer and 28' box over the last 4-5 years with Cooper Discoverer HT3 E-loads on them with only 1 issue and that was from a massive pothole that blew out the tire and bent the wheel. So much better than trailer tires. I just put the same ones on the gooseneck too.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Went through two sets on my bass boat trailers. Tires didn't blow, but had belt separation with tread shift. Thought the HD's would be better when they came out. One blew out in the first month, took out the fender.

Were you running radials, or bias? The bias ones, no matter the manufacturer, were all crap. Bias tread wore out in a year, and unevenly, and the rubber was so hard and they ran so rough I was bouncing the trailer to death and rupturing grease seals.

OP
OP
Tulecreeper

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This is a good conversation, no matter which side of the fence you're on. I had a CDL for 40 years before I retried, and my experience in towing - and I seriously have towed 100,000 miles in my life - has shown me that the reason they have special tires for towing is because of the flexing and "scrubbing" trailer tires do when being pulled around a corner. The sidewall construction is stiffer for just this reason. Passenger or LT tires don't have this construction. It is also why trailer tire manufacturers say to keep your trailer tire PSI at, or close to, the max listed on the sidewall. It's for added sidewall support. I won't have an argument with any tire professional on here, this has just been my experience from decades of towing.

Also, (I'm probably jinxing myself, here) I've had two...2...flats in my life. One on my last truck about 15 years ago, and I found that when I went out in the morning, and one on my boat trailer in 2006, and I found that when I returned to the ramp from duck hunting one evening. I don't know what is going on with folks who keep getting flats/blowouts, but in the grand scheme of things a flat tire is relatively rare. I think some of y'all are just Schleprocks. ;)

Attachments

• 1686937286384.png
    1686937286384.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 5

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

We had the same experience, my family and friends will never buy another Carlisle

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Were you running radials, or bias? The bias ones, no matter the manufacturer, were all crap. Bias tread wore out in a year, and unevenly, and the rubber was so hard and they ran so rough I was bouncing the trailer to death and rupturing grease seals.

Two sets of the Radial Trail's and one set of the Radial Trail HD's.