to dually or not to dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
okay guys finally left the auto industry to create my own business it been in the works a while .this is what ill be using my truck for, i know the stats im a ram freak but i havent personally towed over 15k pounds.
im looking at two trucks and pulling the trigger in a week. this is my work trailer:
50 miles a day delivery with 2k pounds payload
trailer will weigh at very very max 16k pounds. double axle fifth wheel big tex
should i go dually or single axle 3500. 2500 is not an option thank you!!!

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
50 miles a day delivery with 2k pounds payload
trailer will weigh at very very max 16k pounds. double axle fifth wheel big tex
20k lbs I’m assuming? You’re maxing at 16k is what you’ll be hauling. Length of trailer? Seems like. A single wheel would be fine. I haven’t gone to stats on a single wheel vs dually but 16k ain’t that crazy amount of weight. What are you hauling?

OP
OP
ISellRams22

ISellRams22

TxnRamTrvlr
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i know all the stats im just asking for people that haul everyday or often and have had or driven both. max i load in the bed is 2k pounds and the trailer is 24ft.
i haul paint and perma patch fast dry asphalt

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
i know all the stats im just asking for people that haul everyday or often and have had or driven both. max i load in the bed is 2k pounds and the trailer is 24ft.
i haul paint and perma patch fast dry asphalt
Good info. Being that that’s not a huge load if it were me personally I’d go with a single wheel. That’s 2 less tires to replace and well that’s profit. A single wheel will easily handle that load. But a dually gives you room to grow and well if you outgrow a dually then that’s a whole new topic lol. But my .02 is singlewheel