Tonneau Cover with MF tailgate, no rambox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRod911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L EcoDiesel
Just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and i hate the tonneau cover that comes on the truck. Looking for something lower profile. I like Bak Revolver X4 but have read that most covers won't work with the MF tailgate due to the brackets?? Has anyone installed an X4? I like the rollup low profile option and not sure if there are other great options out there that would work? The Sentry I think works but don't like the velcro going down each side of the rails. Don't want to switch brackets and spend $1k on a cover and it not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Pino F

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L V6 Turbo Eco Diesel
If you change the brackets you can install any covet you want. I installed the retractable on mine w/o any interference, but you must change the brackets which is not a big deal.

Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ibsledge

Military
Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes I have the bak Mx4 having changed the brackets.

stormcom

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn
Engine
V6
If you change the brackets you can install any covet you want. I installed the retractable on mine w/o any interference, but you must change the brackets which is not a big deal.

Pino

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a retrax cover but it is 2" wider in the motor and will not fit in the bed. I changed the brackets. How did you get the electric cover in there. They said they did not make one for it. I have a non Rambox.

miles01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought a 2021 Ram 1500 Limited and i hate the tonneau cover that comes on the truck. Looking for something lower profile. I like Bak Revolver X4 but have read that most covers won't work with the MF tailgate due to the brackets?? Has anyone installed an X4? I like the rollup low profile option and not sure if there are other great options out there that would work? The Sentry I think works but don't like the velcro going down each side of the rails. Don't want to switch brackets and spend $1k on a cover and it not work. Any help would be appreciated.
I got the Revolver X4.
I had the Bacflip on my previous 2 trucks.
After having both, I definitely would have gotten another Bacflip.
The revolver leaks in the rain and car wash.
The Bacflip is a much better seal on the sides, frount and back, also easier to open, take completely off if need to, I have done this several times with my Bacflips.
I will not get another roll up, next tunnel cover will be a Bacflip again.

Southlake

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 etorque
Changing the bracket out does it do anything to warranty for cover or truck? Thanks.