Top Coat F-11, Hype or Miracle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally broke down and ordered this product after going to their web site and never completing my order out of uncertainty.
I'm sure there's other products that work as well (maybe?) but I'm here to tell you, no matter the cost, this stuff works!
It's a miracle cure for black plastic and rubber trim, the first coat never sinks in, splotches or dissipates like most other trim restorer does.
I applied mine with an applicator pad, so once the pad was soaked I rarely had to re-wet it.
I'm on my 4th coat, letting them cure 24hrs between coats on my truck and Jeep (including wheels) and still have 3/4 of the 16oz bottle left (comes with 18oz total for $65.00+$10 for shipping=$75.00 total).
You have to wash your vehicle with pure water after because car wash will "cut" the ceramic glazing off, no big deal to me as this is the only way I washed my vehicles for years and only went with car wash that included wax over the last few years for protection (it works, somewhat).
The glazing (when applied with an applicator pad) goes on in a somewhat greasy consistency, doing it in sections you then just buff it off with a dry towel and it immediately gets as slippery as "owl **** on wet slippery elm branch."
You must clay bar prior to using, but the product does not cover, hide or mask rain spots in any manner as advertised. Those would have to be "color corrected" prior to using if this is your intent.
The product does "stack" and is very evident when used on the black trim, not so evident on the painth if your paint is already wet looking, but the depth does get deeper with each coat.
I really noticed the difference on my Jeep when applied. The Jeep's paint was always shiny, but not wet looking like my truck until after using this product. Now it's developing a deep, wet look and the trim is looking phenomenal after 4 applications on both vehicles.
The true test to me will be the longevity after time and rain. This will determine if I buy it again, if it holds up, it's worth the money for sure.
You be the judge, here are some photos I took this morning.
IMG_1288.JPG
IMG_1289.JPG
IMG_1287.JPG
IMG_1291.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I finally broke down and ordered this product after going to their web site and never completing my order out of uncertainty.
I'm sure there's other products that work as well (maybe?) but I'm here to tell you, no matter the cost, this stuff works!
It's a miracle cure for black plastic and rubber trim, the first coat never sinks in, splotches or dissipates like most other trim restorer does.
I applied mine with an applicator pad, so once the pad was soaked I rarely had to re-wet it.
I'm on my 4th coat, letting them cure 24hrs between coats on my truck and Jeep (including wheels) and still have 3/4 of the 16oz bottle left (comes with 18oz total for $65.00+$10 for shipping=$75.00 total).
You have to wash your vehicle with pure water after because car wash will "cut" the ceramic glazing off, no big deal to me as this is the only way I washed my vehicles for years and only went with car wash that included wax over the last few years for protection (it works, somewhat).
The glazing (when applied with an applicator pad) goes on in a somewhat greasy consistency, doing it in sections you then just buff it off with a dry towel and it immediately gets as slippery as "owl **** on wet slippery elm branch."
You must clay bar prior to using, but the product does not cover, hide or mask rain spots in any manner as advertised. Those would have to be "color corrected" prior to using if this is your intent.
The product does "stack" and is very evident when used on the black trim, not so evident on the painth if your paint is already wet looking, but the depth does get deeper with each coat.
I really noticed the difference on my Jeep when applied. The Jeep's paint was always shiny, but not wet looking like my truck until after using this product. Now it's developing a deep, wet look and the trim is looking phenomenal after 4 applications on both vehicles.
The true test to me will be the longevity after time and rain. This will determine if I buy it again, if it holds up, it's worth the money for sure.
You be the judge, here are some photos I took this morning.
View attachment 208174
View attachment 208175
View attachment 208176
View attachment 208177
View attachment 208178
If F11 were a quality product, detailing sites such as Autogeek, Autopia, and Detailed Image would offer the brand. They do not.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If F11 were a quality product, detailing sites such as Autogeek, Autopia, and Detailed Image would offer the brand. They do not.

Well, considering it's a proprietary product it's no surprise. That has nothing to do with it's capabilities either.

Last edited:

rotts4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 e torque

F11 is just an internet hype product. If you go on youtube and find ACTUAL professional detailers that compare and test multiple products you will see that this one isn't very good at all. Its just a flash in the pan and will be gone long after the quality products are still around.

Rken1288

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That’s a clean TJ! Just sold my 99 last year.
e3da463f18c6bef71b5125bf54b3505a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've tried it, still have a bottle left over, with no intensions of using it again. I was not impressed in any way.... just my .02

KentG

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 DT Big Horn
Engine
HEMI 5.7 V8
I was given a bottle of it by a neighbor who said he didn't like it, so i gave it a try on my 99' mini prowler. I'm a shiner and do parades through out the year, so keeping the car clean is a must. Worked ok on my truck. but i'll use the rest on the go kart till it runs out.

Hudson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I would hold on the review and see how long it retains its hydrophobic properties. From the website it looks like an ordinary wipe on wipe of polymer sealer.
The issue with those is that they do not last past 6 months and definately do not survive car washes. The price tag is a bit harsh.
Consider using this https://www.mckees37.com/hydrobluepro.html if you wash your own vehicle. Much cheaper and longer lasting.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I'm glad it worked out for you @Tray Burge your trucks look great that's a lot of work

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
I ordered a bottle of nexgen. Not sure how it’s going to work. Didn’t see many reviews and most reviews are probably company paid. They claim they have the highest concentrate of silica (Or whatever the component is) compared to the rest of the similar products. Watched some you tube vids of comparisons but even those are hard to tell the overall lasting quality. Hope it works since I opted to try this since most f11 reviews and vids seems to say it doesn’t last that long after applications.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there any word if F11 has any UV protection? I emailed them a while back asking and never got a response. It doesn't say anything about it on their website...

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We're getting a lot of rain right now so I'll be giving a "lasts" test shortly.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
I ordered a bottle of nexgen. Not sure how it’s going to work. Didn’t see many reviews and most reviews are probably company paid. They claim they have the highest concentrate of silica (Or whatever the component is) compared to the rest of the similar products. Watched some you tube vids of comparisons but even those are hard to tell the overall lasting quality. Hope it works since I opted to try this since most f11 reviews and vids seems to say it doesn’t last that long after applications.

I did the nexgen today. Went on pretty easy and looks good. Need to see how it lasts. I did a hand wash and dry, then I did a clay over the whole truck. Hosed off the clay lube and dried the truck. Then I mixed about 90% rubbing alcohol and 10% water in a spray bottle and did the whole truck with a spray and wipe as I go with that then did the nexgen. I got better at using it after the first rear side of the bed. They say not to let the product dry on the vehicle so I was a little panicked and rushed at first till I got the hang of it. Basically it was spray a little, wipe with one micro and then buff with another. She’s shining pretty nice right now.

FN 2187

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI eTorque
I know I'm late to the party but if you've had good results it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or what "professional" detailers or internet reviews say.

OP
OP
Tray Burge

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an update, been using the f-11 Top Coat for a couple of years now and wanted to say there is no other product like it on earth!
It covers everything, paint, trim, glass and you name it and lasts and lasts and lasts and has the best shine and trim restorer I've ever used.
New order just came in!
It's pricy, but worth every penny IMO.
IMG_2052.JPG

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haven't tried the Pro, is it any better?
What's your opinion on this stuff?
So the original F11 never lasted too long on my truck I'm assuming because it lives outside and is black. I ended up using the Griots 3 in 1 which I absolutely love. But the Pro came out so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I do like the Pro so far. It looks the same and applies as easily as the original F11 which is awesome. If it does what they claim, which is last longer with better UV protection than the original F11, I will consider it better lol. It's ceramic too so it has all the benefits of a SiO2 sealant.

I'll definitely report back in a few months

Fnjoey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
F11 is just an internet hype product. If you go on youtube and find ACTUAL professional detailers that compare and test multiple products you will see that this one isn't very good at all. Its just a flash in the pan and will be gone long after the quality products are still around.
This, I went to you tube and watched a few detailer videos about it and it washed off fairly quick.