Tough guard bug deflector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Aceman21

Aceman21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The 2 bottom I listed shows tough guard for 1500's. If I were U, I would find a same year 1500, and compare side by side and measure. Except for maybe fake plastic scoop stuff, it would not surprise me if the front of the hoods are the same dimensions, and U may be able to use the one for the 1500 listed on the sites.
That’s what I’m thinking, how much can the hoods really change from one model to the next. I know the rebel front ends are a little different, but I have no idea lol.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hood.JPG

MOPAR site shows same part number for hoods, see list. SO OP go and compare and I believe be same, so sized for 1500 should fit. Just IMHO.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Specific Trim, cosmetic, but U said it was a Rebel in yer posting, and that is what U have to look under, not GT/Sport, which is cosmetics and certain trim levels. I looked at a GT in TX, as I liked the layout, but could not find one in 4 X 4, and it was over 60K just for 2 WD, no TY, I need 4 X 4.

OP: I still would find a neighbor/friend and park side by side, look and compare and measure. The fronts are possibly all the same, but the astetics and center trim lines on hood, etc may be different. But I would bet the front nose area be the same. U just gotta look and measure to be sure.

OP
OP
Aceman21

Aceman21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I must be confused lol, I don’t remember saying I have a rebel. I’m Canada the sport is its own model, like a big horn or Laramie.

But I’ll do as you suggest and find someone with a same year and measure for sure. Thanks

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I must be confused lol, I don’t remember saying I have a rebel. I’m Canada the sport is its own model, like a big horn or Laramie.

But I’ll do as you suggest and find someone with a same year and measure for sure. Thanks
Look at your post #8,. But looking and measure be the key, as I would believe regardless of all the other BS on the hood, the nose area should be the same, but just IMHO.

I looked and see there is a Canadian Mopar Site if you have not looked, maybe you could compare part numbers, etc.

Last edited:

14ramdjh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
do a tape type cover cannot be seen protects from rocks highly recommended

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All this talk of bug deflectors got me thinking, do they really keep the amount of bug hits on the windshield down? I know my car has excellent airflow from the factory and I get very few bug splats on the windshield, even though the front bumper is a mass of dead bugs. On my 2500, mega bug hits to windshield, that seem to match the front bumper impact rate. If it wasn't for the dish soap I mix with the washer fluid it wouldn't take long before the bug smears meant I can't see out the windshield at all.
I assure you down here In swfl.in love bug mating season,nothing will help your windsheild(other floridians can back me on this)..it is absolutely the worst ever...I mean like 896 k-gillion x 100 of the the little things...you dont dare use the wipers,thousand times worse...I honestly do not know how sum people can see out...I can't see them.
Acid type stuff for blood eats the paint if not washed away pretty soon.clog radiatior,ac stuff and coolers in the grill,just awful.tried a screen 1 time for the grill,restricted that,temps went up...few predators,armadillos,centapede,a beetle or 2 feed on the larvae...so they aren't going away...every year they hatch,some years worse than others.only around for a month or 2 maybe.havent actually figured out their purpose for life.whole lot of interesting and useless stuff bout the bugs but I digress and am getting off topic.