Tow mirror brackets.. are they needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ive got a set of aftermarket tow mirrors and im about to install them but i need to know if i need to get the brackets for them or is it ok to install them without brackets? What did you guys do when you installed yours? Any issues w/o the brackets?
i just dont want have to redo this later on.. thanks..

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
What make/model mirrors did you purchase? That would help us to try to help you. Thanks.

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ordered them when I bought mine. Heard they help out with vibration. Didn’t try them without so can’t really tell you if there is a difference or not but for the price I decided, why not.

West27

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn’t get them when I installed mine and I don’t have any vibration. I also read a lot of reviews with no one having issues without the brackets either.

OP
OP
Ramtruck16

Ramtruck16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What make/model mirrors did you purchase? That would help us to try to help you. Thanks.

They are yitamotor brand with the puddle lamp and turn signal.

I went ahead and ordered the brackets just to be sure, i want the install to be as close to oem as possible, i just hope they arent too hard to install.

Last edited:

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I installed rivnuts and the bracket when I installed my tow mirrors and they seem to be a lot more solid than my stock mirrors were. I would spend the extra money and take the time to install the bracket/rivnuts for the extra piece of mind in the long run. You also don't need to use the expensive mopar rivnuts and I just used some harbor freight inserts, machine screws, and oversized washers to secure the brackets to the doors.

Reactions: kad

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
They are yitamotor brand with the puddle lamp and turn signal.

I went ahead and ordered the brackets just to be sure, i want the install to be as close to oem as possible, i just hope they arent too hard to install.

Good deal. Yes I'd also have bought and installed the brackets to help support the door where they are mounted.