Tow mirror Turn signals and puddle light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I Switched put my regular mirrors(heated and power) to Tow mirrors which have the turn signal and puddle light. Is there any way to hard wire them to get them to work. My truck wasn’t originally wired for them. However the puddle light will be the faintest light on. If you could point me in the right direction much appreciated

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that you will need the proper door modules, which are fairly easy to install,
Then if i am not mistaken, you will need to program the truck to see the new parts

There is a Vendor that supports this forum, his name is Benny

Explain what you need & he will need to know the VIN & what your truck is

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
yes from my experience, Ram does a great job at having wires in place, you just need the modules in the door and maybe a multi switch for the driver door to make them work, Oh yes, Alpha ODB also. I did the upgrade on my 2015 Ram 1500. Getting ready to hook up Dad with Tow mirrors also.

Athlium

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I just did this to my 2018 tradesman and my friend's 2012 SLT. using aftermarket Tow mirrors. Friend had the Yita Motor with 2 connectors on them. It was plug and play in his doors for SLT and I didn't need to enable anything in the body Computer for the turn signals/puddle lights and tow mirror present adjust to work. For my tradesman on the other hand, I had to enable Mirror approach for the puddles/ turn signals and tow mirror present for it to work right.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
there have been a few threads on what enables the lights, search

1672925908330.png