Tow Mirrors for 2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steveTS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500
Engine
cummins Diesel
For those who do not know it yet the 2021 Ram Tradesman 2500's have almost no aftermarket market tow mirrors if you have the regular retracting heated standard mirrors. It took some looking but I found a temporary work around that was cheap and looks great and more importantly it works! Was able to find those wrap around extension mirrors and they work great. Here's the link if you want it...

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Has anyone done the upgrade yet?
I too have a 2500 tradesman (2020) and want to upgrade to these mirrors?
Looking for feedback.
Will my current wiring harness light the towing marker lights?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The way that i understand mirrors in general

You can put any mirror 4th Gen Mirror, ( i think up to 2018 )

A side mirror from a Tradesman will bolt up to a 2017 Laramie
A regular mirror has the same bolt mounting pattern as a Tow Mirror, again up to at least 2017
The pre 2018 mirrors just required a Door Module, a Master Door Switch & then Programming to make the Elephant wiggle its ears, in other words, a Tilt & Fold & With Puddle Lights can be made to work on any 4th Gen, no matter if it is a Tow Mirror or not

Now, i think that i read that the 5th Gen Mirror Bolt Pattern may have changed
That will have to be checked out

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Good info GT Yankee.
When I bought my Tradesman in Oct 2020 I immediately asked the dealer if they had towing mirrors for my model I could purchase. They said the harnesses wouldn't match, none where made "yet."

I'm experienced by trade with electrical so I thought I could make work, I've heard the same "bolt pattern" delimma before...
So, I'm curious, I see other Tradesman stock models (Hemi's I'm sure of it ...) coming with towing mirrors, I would think the bolt pattern would be the same...you would think anyway..

I need the mirrors, I like the RAM mirrors. If I had to make custom wire both harnesses together for basics I'm ok with that.

I'm not desperate "yet" but find it to hard to understand why don't have them yet when towing is very common.
I'm aware of other solutions I'm being patient and running what I got til then :)

I appreciate all the good input..

Last edited:

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I think they came with cummins, makes sense of course. I called my local dealer and they claim that have towing mirrors that fit now, approximately $500.00+ a piece. Not for me now, I'll make do.