Tow mirrors swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nationaljan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have 2019 Limited.
Need tow mirrors..have chrome power folding. So...Big deal to buy trailer mirrors that are chrome. You had to order from factory that way..
Mopar accessories only sell black tow mirrors. I was told..

FINALLY found part #’s for replacement chrome if your broke your factory ordered chrome trailer mirror.

The tow mirrors for 2020 also have been updated. Hoping they added 360 camera.. to the new tow mirrors

part#’s incase someone wants new tow mirrors
68276478AE Right side
68276479AE Left side

I know if you “ADD” power mirrors, you need door switch control to get that middle button, the power fold button..

Finally my question....
When “adding” trailer mirrors..Anyone know if I can just swap.. and leave that power folding control switch in. Even though tow mirrors are NOT power folding??
Thanks

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Finally my question....
When “adding” trailer mirrors..Anyone know if I can just swap.. and leave that power folding control switch in. Even though tow mirrors are NOT power folding??
Thanks

Unless you turn the "Tow Mirrors Present" option on in the BCM by either having the dealer add the sales code or using AlphOBD (not sure if that works on a 5th Gen yet) the adjustment controls will be out of sync when the mirrors are flipped up. Otherwise they should be fine.

-K