Towing from Florida To Sagway,AK via Canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

papanogo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cyl. gas
I have made the trip from Indiana to Anchorage 3 times. 1 with a 3500 Ram and 2 with a 2500 all diesel. Also had a 100 gal aux fuel tank. Fuel can be far apart especially in the winter. We always went with 2 or more trucks with trailers. We also received extra money for windshields. Hauled trailers from manufacturer to dealer. I would never attempt that trip with a 1500. Your asking for problems. Make sure you have emergency gear and chains. Full propane tanks in case you break down. Be constantly in touch with weather. Be advised there is a lot of dead spots for phone reception. Don't drive at night. To many animals. Not trying to scare you. Just some advice. Best of luck

Steam Hogger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Ok let's forget about the what you drive and what you want to tow beatings.

I'm just personally curious why Skagway and why this time of the year? Unless you have a job with the railroad or the cruse line (The same now a days anyhow). Skagway is practically a ghost town this time of the year. I'm pretty sure they roll the sidewalks up after the last cruise ship in Sept. Dont get me wrong beautiful place that I love very much. I've been specifically to Skagway many times. I'd go more if I had the means and vacation time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sammy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I live in Taylor, Northern B.C on highway 97 (route to alaska).
You have heard it from others already but this is coming from someone that owns a ram 1500 and lives in the area and climate you are headed to.
No way in hell would I be pulling max weight that far with two wheel drive, you need to bring lots of extra fuel to drive to Alaska, so much you would be way over your payload with fuel and trailer tounge weight. Let alone yourselfs and personal belongings. You actually need 4 wheel drive to live in this climate in the winter time, and excellent winter tires. Living in a travel trailer/5th wheel in the winter will be awe full, and awfully expensive to keep yourselfs warm. As well I hope you don’t mind mice, they will be doing anything they can to get into your nice warm trailer.
Make the trip in the summer if changing tow vehicle isn’t an option right now. But please do not risk this trip it’s not worth your lives or lives of others, this is different country up here!