Towing with my 14 express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
We'll I had the pleasure today to tow with my 1500 express. I towed a huge stack fencing material. It's had to calculate the weight of pressure treated wood due to the moisture content but my best calculation was about 5000 in lumber. The trailer was feeling it and it's a 16 ft car hauler with tandem 3500 axles. I would say I was right at the max of the trailer capacity. So in total trailer and lumber was about 7000 lbs and it did great it was little ruff climbing a big hill but it handled everything else fine. You could tell it was back there. The built in trailer brake is awesome, the trailer started to sway a little bit over some good bumps and reached over grabbed the brake and it straightened right out never even got hairy. I'm proud of my hemi my baby 4.6 ford would of died with this load. The transmission temp stayed consistent between 145-155 I was happy. Now I have a fence to put up!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 43

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a good load of wood man. Have fun setting those fences

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

WulfGang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fun huh? :)

I just built a 175' privacy fence requiring 800ish pickets.

I do believe when bought bundled most of the weight is indeed moisture.

Amazing how quickly they dried up!

And... then my fence is a little less "private" due to gaps being where I made sure to keep it tight!