TPMS acting crazy....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
Back story: Left rear sensor has been out for several months. Recently it has started flipping between a reading of 0 to 101 and back again. Just a constant ding every time it goes to 0.

Do I just need to replace the sensor ? Are aftermarket sensors an option or is a dealership visit ?

2014 Longhorn w/ 60k miles.

GhostGregg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My left rear went out about 2 months ago. I took it to my local tire store, they put in the sensor for the 2010 since thats what my truck is. It was the wrong frequency, So they put in a 2009 and it worked. Cost was 54.00 + Tax and its been right as rain ever since.

I am the kind of guy that if a light on the dash is on or something isnt perfect, it just bugs me to death. You have gone a while with it giving you issues. My vote is check your local tire store for an aftermarket one just make sure the light is off and its reading correctly before you pull away from the store. :)

MarineBSP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the $54 price was for sensor plus installation, you did pretty well. Tire Rack sells the OE Mopar 433 MHz sensors for my model year (2018) for $40 each - I just bought four for a set of take-off wheels to use with winter tires. The 4th gen RAM relearn for TPMS is automatic, just drive over 20mph for a while.

A good tire shop can usually slip in a new TPMS sensor without needing to rebalance the tire - though checking balance might not hurt.

Duane Pipes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back story: Left rear sensor has been out for several months. Recently it has started flipping between a reading of 0 to 101 and back again. Just a constant ding every time it goes to 0.

Do I just need to replace the sensor ? Are aftermarket sensors an option or is a dealership visit ?

2014 Longhorn w/ 60k miles.
Is this on a 5th gen?

OP
OP
Nystagmus

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
In the last few days it has cooled off quite a bit, and the sensor has quit switching on and off. It just stays in the off position now...reading 0.

haven’t had a chance to get anywhere to get it looked at.