TPMS Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dadbern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
On my 2014 Ram 1500 sport. I had new fuel crush 17" rims installed with BFG TKO2's. I had all new tpms sensors installed. The right front worked for a day and then stopped working an i got the two dashes for that tire. Brought it back several times to have it reset and it was replaced under warranty. Again it worked for a day and then stopped. Got pissed at it and ignored it...lol. Brought in and had the tires rotated and balanced. Again the right front stopped working. Ignored it for a while, had it reset two days ago, it came on but never read the right pressure and stopped working the next day. I do not believe this to be the sensors anymore and I believe it is something wrong with the truck. I cant find anything about the tpms in my chilton. I can have it diagnosed by the dealer for $95 and repaired under warranty for the $100 deductible, but I would rather save the 200 if I can fix it myself. Where is the signal from the tpms picked up? is this directly in the computer or is there another module involved? Any deeper info on this would be appreciated.

P.S. they spent hours on it at the tire shop and re-learned the sensors several times the fact that it did not follow the tire leads me to believe it is the truck.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe that you only have to pay the $95 diagnostic fee if the repair is not covered by the warranty. Sorry I can’t help with the rpm’s issue…it’s a stupid system

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
I believe the TPMS module is or at least used to be in the left front wheel well.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Were they Mopar sensors?
A dealer could say no warranty on aftermarket wheels & sensors.

OP
OP
dadbern

dadbern

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L hemi
Never could get this resolved, until I bought a blue driver blue tooth code reader. I plugged it in and scanned for codes. After I scanned and cleared the codes the tpms came on. It worked for a day and half then stopped working again. Re-scanned it and the tpms came back on and has been on for almost a week. I have no logical explanation as to why this turned the TPMS back on since i did not replace anything, but it worked and I am happy.