Tps replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a tps sensor acting up on me on my 2013 1500 and about to buy the replacement mopar sensor. My question is, after I replace the sensor do I have to do anything for it to sync with the truck?

kmrtnsn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not a thing. The vehicle reads the wheel mounted sensor all by itself. As long as it’s the right model/frequency it’ll take care of itself.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
If you buy from Mopar / dealer make certain they check the frequency of the needed sensor by the VIN.

2013 was, I believe the year they changed frequencies and you want to buy the correct one. I believe it was a mid year change.

OP
OP
M

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's great news I'm happy it's that simple. Also I use the Mopar website and use my VIN number to part!!

guys, thank you as always with the fast replies. This site is a great resource!

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Doing the trailer tires was almost as effort less. Took me 4 minutes to do 4 trailer tires. Let 3-5 psi out of each tire when you here the horn chirp, it's synced to truck, move to the next tire

Bob Johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Doing the trailer tires was almost as effort less. Took me 4 minutes to do 4 trailer tires. Let 3-5 psi out of each tire when you here the horn chirp, it's synced to truck, move to the next tire

The factory TPMS will also monitor trailer tires?

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
The factory TPMS will also monitor trailer tires?
That's what I was referring to. I had mine installed at a quick tire shop then i programmed them in effortlessly. When i get my tri axle ill buy some more. You can do something like 4 different trailers with up to around a dozen tires each. I have heard though that on your long trailers, sometimes the ttpms Reciever won't read the sensors if your trailer is really long. I'm thinking if I have this happen when I get my tri axle, ill have an Extention made for my Reciever plug so I can magnet it to my truck and easily move it back to trailer.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Allmoparparts on here, Benny, I got 4 for my new Jeep under $100 shipped.
True Mopar stuff.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Well had two trailer blowouts on my fiver in less than 24 hrs , yippee, but on a positive note, the trailer sensor ttpms warned me both times. Well the leaking tire warned me, the blow out told me loud and quick