Track bar replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
Ok y’all I have been hearing that whenever u change the track bar that u shouldn’t take the tires off or take the weight off the suspension. Is this true bc my trac bar is f***** in the worst way. Plus I have some play in my steering and I have replaced my drag link and checked all my ball joints and wheel bearings and ujoints. Will the track bar also put play in ur steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mop

AK12MN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
When I changed my Track bar i didn't have to take the tires off. It was pull and replace. Have you tried adjusting your steering box yet? I ended up replacing mine with one from Redhead Steering. Spendy, but no more sawing action driving down the road.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
When I changed my Track bar i didn't have to take the tires off. It was pull and replace. Have you tried adjusting your steering box yet? I ended up replacing mine with one from Redhead Steering. Spendy, but no more sawing action driving down the road.

Well I haven’t tried to adjust my steering box yet I need to and see if it helps. I really need to get another box bc mine leaks. Not bad but it still leaks lol. So imma try that first bc my play is bad. But I can get in my truck and move the wheel I can watch the track move. So I bought the moog brand and it was high dollar. But I don’t use anything else but moog.

AK12MN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
+1 on the MOOG replacement parts. I replaced all my tie rods same time as my track bar replacement. Check Amazon they have a lot of parts available. Side note if you but the track bar you don't need to buy the bushing too.

OP
OP
Moparornocar0346

Moparornocar0346

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
+1 on the MOOG replacement parts. I replaced all my tie rods same time as my track bar replacement. Check Amazon they have a lot of parts available. Side note if you but the track bar you don't need to buy the bushing too.

Yea true that. I looked at those redhead steering boxes man they r pricey

AK12MN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L
yeah, but they steer like new after replacement. You know what they say " Buy once Cry once!"