Trade my 2018 for a 2022 Power Wagon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
2/9/2022 article on Power Wagon's part shortage...

"the chip shortage isn’t wholly to blame for the lack of Ram Power Wagon models. The pickup truck has components built by outside suppliers, such as the integrated winch and special shock absorbers. As you might expect, vehicles won’t roll off the production line without all the parts."

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"going 85 on the highway and have a beer between your legs"

Did you ever do any stops where the driver did this...?
Montana from 1995 to 1999 and prior to that from 1955 to 1974 had no daytime speed limit on public highways. Both Nevada and Montana had safe and sane (reasonable and prudent) speed limits until 1974 when all were reduced. I've traveled at 120 MPH plus (speedometer pegged out) in Nevada in a 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS prior to the reduction in the speed limit.
ture story in 1979 I was driving through Nevada at 100+ and drove my a patrolman who was standing on the road taking a leak. I think we were going so fast he did not know we were coming and probably caught him mid stream lol. I am sure he was too embarrassed to give chase or even radio ahead. We did slow down considerably tho. On that same trip a little Renault le car passed us like we were standing still it had to be going over a 100 mph which blew me away. probably 5 miles later we passed it and it was blowing smoke out the back lol.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2/9/2022 article on Power Wagon's part shortage...

"the chip shortage isn’t wholly to blame for the lack of Ram Power Wagon models. The pickup truck has components built by outside suppliers, such as the integrated winch and special shock absorbers. As you might expect, vehicles won’t roll off the production line without all the parts."

Sell you forum guys and girls mine for 15k over sticker. hehehe. I get mine in a few weeks.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm kind surprised I'm getting it as quick as I am. and to keep true to the thread, I traded my 18 in for a 22. I keep going over the decision in my head and as long as you're getting a deal and you ordered it before this most recent msrp hike, the decision was a no brainer. The used ones are holding value and going up and if you can get a deal it's a win win as long as you're willing to have a payment or extend one another couple years.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
ture story in 1979 I was driving through Nevada at 100+ and drove my a patrolman who was standing on the road taking a leak. I think we were going so fast he did not know we were coming and probably caught him mid stream lol. I am sure he was too embarrassed to give chase or even radio ahead. We did slow down considerably tho. On that same trip a little Renault le car passed us like we were standing still it had to be going over a 100 mph which blew me away. probably 5 miles later we passed it and it was blowing smoke out the back lol.

When I am towing across Nevada's Highway 6, 50 and 141 I keep the Power Wagon at the posted 70 MPH. There's nothing out there, absolutely zilch with no services especially in winter. Going any faster ain't going to get it there without some additional fuel. I've driven from Lakeview, Oregon to Winnemucca, Nevada with the fuel warning light coming on several times. Rarely see any other vehicles in hours. Drive into Ely from Tonopah with over 25 gallon fill ups due to off highway camping trips. The truck needs a bigger tank.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I am towing across Nevada's Highway 6, 50 and 141 I keep the Power Wagon at the posted 70 MPH. There's nothing out there, absolutely zilch with no services especially in winter. Going any faster ain't going to get it there without some additional fuel. I've driven from Lakeview, Oregon to Winnemucca, Nevada with the fuel warning light coming on several times. Rarely see any other vehicles in hours. Drive into Ely from Tonopah with over 25 gallon fill ups due to off highway camping trips. The truck needs a bigger tank.
I have taken 50 across several times and I swear there were times you would meet maybe one vehicle the entire trip. We were on Motorcycles one time and came across the bones of a dead cow all bleached white it was like a scene from a movie lol. One time a jet flew over us from behind and scared the crap out of us. I literally thought my car was blowing apart. I am sure they got a good laugh. They probably can't do that know but in retrospect it was pretty funny.

retired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
"going 85 on the highway and have a beer between your legs"

Did you ever do any stops where the driver did this...?
I didn't personally. It happened a lot tho. I did however take advantage of the $5 ticket many times. it was always worth the risk reward to speed because it did not go on your driving record. The toughest thing was you would get used to it in Montana but Idaho, Dakota and wyoming had speed limits so you cross the border and it was tough to keep it 55mph. Even today you leave Montana where lots of 80mph speed limits and cross into other states and it immediately drops to 50mph. On I90 you cross into Idaho and the speed limit is 50mph. roads are the same so tough transition. on the other hand there were a lot of crashes coming east bound into Montana from Idaho because people automatically put the pedal down.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
At least the Power Wagon's globe box can hold more than just gloves for us rural folks to have some protection from the bad...

The person in the picture was high on lsd when he did it not a good representation of Canada i used to hunt and grew up with guns in the house one moron kill 14 women in Montreal change the rules for everyone Americans probably could use a little more gun control but if you outlaw guns outlaws will still have guns just ask Toronto police what we really need is less morons with guns

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
I don’t think the founding fathers ment assault rifles when they came up with the 2nd amendment

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
An assault rifle is just a deer rifle with a 30 round mag. Quit looking at what it looks like. Limit the mag if you must. Yes I agree there needs to be less morons with guns. The criminals will always get them though. It’s why they’re called criminals. Founding fathers would definitely have used assault rifles if they existed.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
I don’t think the founding fathers ment assault rifles when they came up with the 2nd amendment

They wouldn't have had to wait long, only until 1779 for an "assault" rifle. The Second Amendment was ratified on December 15, 1791. So some of them like Thomas Jefferson should have known about the Girandoni air rifle by then.

Last edited:

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
If you need a 30 round mag maybe you should give up hunting lol you don’t kill 30 deer at one time I hope feral hogs maybe

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
It’s the scary guns everyone wants to get rid of but it doesn’t matter a bolt action gun will kill you just as dead just not as many so fast assault guns were invented to kill people not animals but they work for both

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
For the record I don’t agree with the gun control Canada has but it helps keep the murder rate down