Traded 1500 Rebel for 2500 Rebel Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok....but did your sticker say "Rebel Suspension" on it? That's what I'm trying to figure out....what does that statement mean? I'd still be ok with payload with the diesel....I don't need that much more payload. The Rebel 1500 also has Bilstein off road shocks (in addition to air suspension). I love the air suspension....it's really nice for towing (offsets tail sag) and other situations. We've used it alot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok....but did your sticker say "Rebel Suspension" on it? That's what I'm trying to figure out....what does that statement mean? I'd still be ok with payload with the diesel....I don't need that much more payload. The Rebel 1500 also has Bilstein off road shocks (in addition to air suspension). I love the air suspension....it's really nice for towing (offsets tail sag) and other situations. We've used it alot.
The 2500 rebel Cummins sounds perfect for your needs then.

Yes, sticker specifically states “Rebel suspension”. Not sure what it really means either but they are clearly Bilsteins and I believe they may be unique to the rebel? The other interesting thing is my sticker refers to it as a Power Wagon. My contract also called it out as a “power wagon rebel”.
I’ll post a pic in a few

OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
There you go.
Rebel suspension listed as 2HR pack. I have a feeling 2HR pack is technically a power wagon with 2HR turning it into a Rebel? Maybe someone else can chime in. I looked at multiple Rebel stickers and they all had 2HR.

Attachments

• IMG_2915.png
    IMG_2915.png
    375.7 KB · Views: 17

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There you go.
Rebel suspension listed as 2HR pack. I have a feeling 2HR pack is technically a power wagon with 2HR turning it into a Rebel? Maybe someone else can chime in. I looked at multiple Rebel stickers and they all had 2HR.
Unfortunately, that really doesn't tell us what the Rebel suspension consists of, though. According to the build sheets, 2HR means it's a Cummins Rebel - 2GR means it's a Hemi Rebel. Both packages have the Rebel specific items in them.
I'd say they made the Rebel a step below the Powerwagon. From what I can see, the Rebel is missing the Powerwagon Articulink® Suspension; Front electronic locker; Winch; Electronic front sway bar disconnect; and 4.10 axle ratio (Edit: 4.10 is on the Hemi Rebel). The Rebel does have a higher GVWR.
There may be other things I've missed . . .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Unfortunately, that really doesn't tell us what the Rebel suspension consists of, though. According to the build sheets, 2HR means it's a Cummins Rebel - 2GR means it's a Hemi Rebel. Both packages have the Rebel specific items in them.
I'd say they made the Rebel a step below the Powerwagon. From what I can see, the Rebel is missing the Powerwagon Articulink® Suspension; Front electronic locker; Winch; Electronic front sway bar disconnect; and 4.10 axle ratio (Edit: 4.10 is on the Hemi Rebel). The Rebel does have a higher GVWR.
There may be other things I've missed . . .
Agreed the Rebel is missing a lot from the Power Wagon. I just meant that as per the sticker labeling it a power wagon, I wonder if Ram considers it a power wagon but then the 2_R package removes the power wagon goodies and replaces it with Rebel specific parts?

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Agreed the Rebel is missing a lot from the Power Wagon. I just meant that as per the sticker labeling it a power wagon, I wonder if Ram considers it a power wagon but then the 2_R package removes the power wagon goodies and replaces it with Rebel specific parts?
LOL, you know, I think I looked at 3 or 4 different Rebel window stickers and never saw that until you pointed it out :hmm:. That's very interesting!
And now I see where the winch is an option on the Hemi Rebel. Apparently, there isn't enough room for the winch when you drop a Cummins in her . . .
I do like the looks of the sport hood on the Rebel!
And, to be fair, I suppose I shouldn't say they're a step below a Powerwagon. Seems to me they have two different purposes. One for working and one for playing :33:.
There should be one of each in every garage :happy160:

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4

IIRC, it's the stiffer springs of a non-PW HD but Bilsteins. Air suspension is a separate option and only rear leveling. Disclaimer: Going from memory shopping a 2023 version, verify independently before taking my word on it.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IIRC, it's the stiffer springs of a non-PW HD but Bilsteins. Air suspension is a separate option and only rear leveling. Disclaimer: Going from memory shopping a 2023 version, verify independently before taking my word on it.
This is what I'm beginning to suspect, but it would be nice if Ram had a specific description.

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cool post.

I just purchased a 2024 Rebel GT on Tuesday. I considered both the 2500 Rebel with the HEMI and a PW. But could not justify in my mind, having that much truck and not using it as such.

I don’t tow any large trailers, largest is an enclosed 14X8. And I don’t go off road.
Even the hunting I do is just day trips for birds. Park in a field and walk in.

You have a beautiful truck. Congrats and enjoy.

OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Cool post.

I just purchased a 2024 Rebel GT on Tuesday. I considered both the 2500 Rebel with the HEMI and a PW. But could not justify in my mind, having that much truck and not using it as such.

I don’t tow any large trailers, largest is an enclosed 14X8. And I don’t go off road.
Even the hunting I do is just day trips for birds. Park in a field and walk in.

You have a beautiful truck. Congrats and enjoy.
Thank you. The 1500 Rebel, especially the GT, is an awesome truck. IMO, the best overall. It does everything well and looks amazing. Congrats to you too.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
nice looking truck. was the out the door price in the upper 80's

OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
nice looking truck. was the out the door price in the upper 80's
Sticker is $98,465
Got 10% off from ram and 5% from dealer, plus they gave an additional $500 discount and covered some damage from the turn in on the 1500 (they estimated $2k but probably worth an additional $500. They also gave me a refund of $395 which I just received in the mail and didn’t know about. All in all, I got it for around $82k.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is what I'm beginning to suspect, but it would be nice if Ram had a specific description.
Edit: I finally talked to a dealer configuration guy. "Rebel Suspension" is just the Bilstiens...that's all. And yeah, a Rebel 2500 is a baby Powerwagon, basically.

OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Edit: I finally talked to a dealer configuration guy. "Rebel Suspension" is just the Bilstiens...that's all. And yeah, a Rebel 2500 is a baby Powerwagon, basically.
A more street/work-based power wagon, if that makes any sense.

also update: I’ve put over 2000 miles and the truck has been fantastic. I’m really used to the way it drives now and the characteristics of the Cummins. It’s great.

I installed a console vault which fit perfectly.

Also I ordered the S&B 52gal tank. I’ll update the thread once that gets installed.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Nice! I've been eyeballing the 52 gal tank for mine as well. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I love the Cummins. You should get plenty of trouble-free miles of enjoyment with it. Don't be afraid to blow out the pipes every once in a while. She'll thank you. :)

OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks everyone.
Just got the S&B 52gal installed! Had a diesel mechanic put it in. said the install was problem free and fit perfectly. He liked titan too but said the S&B seemed like the right move.
did my first fill up and the pump shut off at $175.00

OP
OP
Dark Knight G45
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
And there she is with the 52gal S&B tank installed. It’s not noticeable at all unless ducking and searching for it. It blends in and seems factory. The 2 pics I attached are from standing and from kneeling on the floor.
I highly recommend this tank and am very happy with how it sits.
Now what’s next on the mod list?….

Attachments

• IMG_3702.jpeg
    IMG_3702.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3704.jpeg
    IMG_3704.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 9

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And there she is with the 52gal S&B tank installed. It’s not noticeable at all unless ducking and searching for it. It blends in and seems factory. The 2 pics I attached are from standing and from kneeling on the floor.
I highly recommend this tank and am very happy with how it sits.
Now what’s next on the mod list?….
Thuren leveling kit.

Truck looks good!