Trailer brake controller plug missing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DillyDog94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Howdy everyone! The OEM trailer brake controller plug looks like to be cut off from my truck. Wanting to know which wires are what so I can add a brake controller. The wires I’m referring to are under the dash. Ive got a 1) big solid blue. 2) blue/white. 3) green/black. 4) white/red

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
There should be an empty plug (female) for adding an aftermarket one, unless you're saying yours has been cut out?. Looks like this:

t brake 002.jpg

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Everyone is in my head lately. Was just going to ask what makes up the factory tow package? A Draw-Tite Activator II was already installed when I bought the truck, but have never used it and didn't get any kind of manual. I just watched a few vids on line and read the manual on manualslib, but I've never checked the wiring. Also my brake connector on the bumper has some kind of plug with led's plugged into it. No idea what it does. And another connector dangling from behind the bumper. Need some direction in tracing where everything SHOULD go.

OP
OP
D

DillyDog94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There should be an empty plug (female) for adding an aftermarket one, unless you're saying yours has been cut out?. Looks like this:

View attachment 503642
Yeah. That blue plug is missing. But I have 4 wires that are taped and loomed together that go to my Bluetooth plug lolimage.jpgthis is what I got. Basically just need to know what colors go to which on the controller side so I can solder them.

Last edited:

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Neither the 03 or 05 service manual show those wires as being part the trailer brakes

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
You need to trace those wires. WT/RD doesn't even appear in the service manual.

Can you flatten out that tag and post a picture of it?

OP
OP
D

DillyDog94

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured it out guys. I’m an idiot. It’s just a jumper harness. The blue plug wasn’t in the slot like it’s supposed to be couldn’t see it just from poking my head up under there.