Trailer disconnected message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baldman172

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a 2017 RAM Rebel and Recently had the truck programmed for the trailer brake module. after installing and programming everything, I'm still getting the error message that the brake isn't connected. I'm now also getting a message to service my air suspension system. I'm guessing that the two are related.
Any idea's on what and where to check to rectify this?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, the relationship might be a bad ground or battery. Do a full load test (read about it in other threads) on the battery. Also, check all grounds especially in the trailer wiring section. With no system for 5-6 years and now attempting to use, it is possible wiring somewhere is funky so clean connections including pins, make sure they are all tight, and that wires didn't get crimped/broken somewhere. This is free stuff but time consuming, but is always a good starting pint before throwing money around. It could be a bad connection somewhere is now causing your control unit to be confused and throwing the air system error. Unless you also have a problem there now but work on the brake problem first as that predated the air, could be the cause.