Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor Faults

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cyberwolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2003 Ram 5.7 with 56k on it. Last night the transmission went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. I haven't noticed previous abnormal behavior with the transmission. I checked the fluid hot and it seemed a little low, but I only topped it off with half a quart.

I scanned the codes and get:
P0700 - transmission control system malfunction
P0846 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch “B” Circuit Range/Performance
P0871 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch “C” Circuit Range/Performance
P0988 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor / Switch E Circuit Range Performance
P0876 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'D' Circuit Range/Performance
P0888 - Tranmssion Relay always off

Any advice on where to start? I don't know much about transmissions, but the 4 fluid pressure codes have me thinking sensor or wiring to it, but do they all refer to one sensor? Thanks.

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I have a 2003 Ram 5.7 with 56k on it. Last night the transmission went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. I haven't noticed previous abnormal behavior with the transmission. I checked the fluid hot and it seemed a little low, but I only topped it off with half a quart.

I scanned the codes and get:
P0700 - transmission control system malfunction
P0846 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch “B” Circuit Range/Performance
P0871 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch “C” Circuit Range/Performance
P0988 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor / Switch E Circuit Range Performance
P0876 - Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor/Switch 'D' Circuit Range/Performance
P0888 - Tranmssion Relay always off

Any advice on where to start? I don't know much about transmissions, but the 4 fluid pressure codes have me thinking sensor or wiring to it, but do they all refer to one sensor? Thanks.

I’d start with replacing the sensor, and if that doesn’t solve all if not most of your issues you’re going to have a fun time.

Sent from my Blue Onyx RAM 1500