Transmission pan/fluid change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artschool3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all

This is my first post but I’ve done a lot of research here and found a lot of my questions answered here. I’m changing the transmission fluid and pan/filter in my 2015 ram for the first time and I’ve seen a lot of post indicating that I must loosen the transmission mount bolts then raise the transmission to install the new pan. My question is where exactly is the jacking point on the transmission to raise it about an inch and what should I use to jack it up?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hello all

This is my first post but I’ve done a lot of research here and found a lot of my questions answered here. I’m changing the transmission fluid and pan/filter in my 2015 ram for the first time and I’ve seen a lot of post indicating that I must loosen the transmission mount bolts then raise the transmission to install the new pan. My question is where exactly is the jacking point on the transmission to raise it about an inch and what should I use to jack it up?
Most guys don't need to loosen anything,but if you end up needing more clearance,you're better off loosening off the exhaust at the manifolds.Raising the back of the transmission doesn't give you any more clearance around the exhaust cross over

OP
OP
A

Artschool3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turns out I didn’t have enough clearance to install the new pan. Are these the exhaust bolts you’re referring to?

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpeg
    IMG_0757.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357