Transmission question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moneypit98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Are there any transmissions out there that are non electric that can be installed in place of a 4wd that are 2wd bolted to the 98 magnum 360 engine? I plan on swapping to the M1 intake manifold and Holley Super ****** EFI so computer controls are not an issue if I can find what type of transmission will work.

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
The earlier 91-95 truck’s had the same transmission you have but it was hydraulically controlled instead of electrically. It’s the 46rh. Depending on your budget you can also just convert over to a manual valvebody with an aftermarket ratchet/race shifter and eliminate all the extra hook ups for the hydraulic pressure controls. I’m using a Cope Racing violet reverse manual valvebody in mine, it’s awesome, but pricey.

I Bleed Ram Trucks

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Or even cheaper option if you are capable of doing some trans work, you can get the transgo manual conversion kit for a stock valvebody to change it to a manual. The I my thing is the overdrive and torque convertor lockup on the RE model needs to be hard wired to a switch to turn on and off. Also the overdrive units are different between the 2wd and 4wd, and the 4wd overdrive unit is different lengths between the RE and RH trans

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel