Transmission Replacement Source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waterguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 1500
Engine
New to this forum, and appreciate all feedback.
2001 Ram 1500 5.9 4x4...new rearend gears and driveshaft from incredibly reputable shop, then blow tranny about 2 hours later(my third one in this truck). As I understand, the 46RE trans is not the best made. I want it rebuilt, but in order to "bulletproof" the thing with Billet components, the shop says $6k(+)!! So...who are all of you using for a factory rebuilt source? At this point, Im just willing to go stock for only a few grand, maybe when it blows next time I'll have it built up.

EvilSpirit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Richard from Precision Transmission always says he tries to shy away from bench jobs because they can't control the installation. The trans itself is only as good as the install, and with the electronically controlled units, as good as the tune. Failure to fully clean the debris from the trans cooling system can ruin any level transmission, as will a tune that does not properly modulate shift pressures.