Truck Jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck Alexander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I tried to remove jack under from passenger seat. I removed bolt as instructed by owner's manual . At that point it was supposed to slide out. There is something else holding it under the jack that I can't see, that won't allow it to slide out from under the seat. Did anyone else have this problem if, so can you help me out, I don't want to tear the floor mat getting it out.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I tried to remove jack under from passenger seat. I removed bolt as instructed by owner's manual . At that point it was supposed to slide out. There is something else holding it under the jack that I can't see, that won't allow it to slide out from under the seat. Did anyone else have this problem if, so can you help me out, I don't want to tear the floor mat getting it out.
I have a 2015 SLT and only that black wing handle holds it in place in my RAM
Maybe stuck to the carpet ?
Maybe stuck on the spring bottom of seat ? Nothing else on mine holding it down

I assume you also have the Black Plastic wing nut holding down the jack and the stud is attached to the black wing handle ?
OEM original
If the wing cap has the stud attached to it there in nothing else on mine holding it down ! 1694216423259.jpeg
If you have the upgraded set up the stud stays in the body and the black cap comes off ,you lift the ******** that stud
I replaced with The newer version kit
1694216501907.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

chuck Alexander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
@Rado I have the bolt that is pictured in the bag on the right, which I already removed. Maybe like you said it's stuck to the carpet, I didn't to force it, but maybe I need to put a little more pressure on it....Thanks for your help.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
@Rado I have the bolt that is pictured in the bag on the right, which I already removed. Maybe like you said it's stuck to the carpet, I didn't to force it, but maybe I need to put a little more pressure on it....Thanks for your help.
Good luck ! My 2015 had the stud and wing nut 1 piece! And was a royal pain to remove ,So I did the conversion kit shown ! But you can hit the bottom of the seat when removing the jack !
But other then that stud holding jack in place I had nothing else holding it !
Like you I do not like to force things !
By chance do you have heated, power moving seats ? Maybe stuck on wires ?
A bright light may help you see whats in the way ?
Please Update what you do find out

Thanks