truck not level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We have a 2021 1500 with four corner air The truck is listing 1 1/2 inches to one side. Will take it into the dealer today or tomorrow and try to find out what it is but my feeling is that it is something to do with the air suspenion. Have any of you experience this?

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We have a 2021 1500 with four corner air The truck is listing 1 1/2 inches to one side. Will take it into the dealer today or tomorrow and try to find out what it is but my feeling is that it is something to do with the air suspenion. Have any of you experience this?

I have the same thing going on with my 2018 1500 with air suspension. Dropping it off at the dealership tomorrow night for service on Wednesday. It’s definitely the air suspension.

Does it level out when the truck is running and the air suspension is active? Or is it listing even when the air suspension is active?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 21 is doing it too. I think it levels out once you start it.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Nope. Had two with 4CAS and that never (to my observation) happened. Time to get it checked out. Certainly not a "planned feature"...

HitchHiker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thank you going to try that right now will let you know

Just FYI that it’s not uncommon, at least on the 4th gen 4CAS, for the left side to list especially the left front when the truck sits for a while. I’ve noticed my front left falls a good 1-2 inches if my truck sits outside unused for a couple days, and the left rear lists about one inch. Not sure why this is, but it has something to do with how the system was originally designed. Not sure it’s a design flaw per se, but it’s not uncommon when these trucks sit idle for a day or so.

I had heard that the 5th gen 4CAS had some design improvements though I’m not familiar with what specific improvements were implemented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Just FYI that it’s not uncommon, at least on the 4th gen 4CAS, for the left side to list especially the left front when the truck sits for a while. I’ve noticed my front left falls a good 1-2 inches if my truck sits outside unused for a couple days, and the left rear lists about one inch. Not sure why this is, but it has something to do with how the system was originally designed. Not sure it’s a design flaw per se, but it’s not uncommon when these trucks sit idle for a day or so.

Maybe "not uncommon" but for sure not universal. In addition to many 1-2 week parked intervals, twice I had my 2015 parked for 4+ weeks and this never happened.