Truck on the frame, replaced rear bags alfaobd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerzey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I have alfaobd with the MX,+ Bluetooth. Long story short. Truck would lower the back when parked ,go for a drive and usually raises back up , every once in a while it wouldn't. We'll pulling my boat a month ago and the rear went down wouldn't go back up, unhooked and took it to the dealership. Said I had no air filled it and calibrated it. Said rear bags are leaking. While driving went down again and would not go back up.

So got back home after a bumpy ride . Order bags and valve block . Week later tge truck has defladed tge front also sitting on the fram. replaced the rear bags and the valve block. Refilled system with nitrogen 175_200psi. I have alfaobd, When I try to short cycle from reservoir to any of the bags nothing happens . Can clear the codes, but some come back and when I do another test, service suspension immediately comes on. C Any help Would be appreciated on what I need to do , rather not take it to the dealership.

OP
OP
J

Jerzey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
No one lol. I'm screwed

tonyfern75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Dealing with this right now. I replaced compressor, valve block and all four bags, no sensors or module replacement yet. I would write suspension heights in AlfaOBD if you haven't, make sure the vehicle is not in Plant Mode and that all error codes are cleared. Also check that your AirMass is staying somewhere between 188 and 216 approx- if this keeps going or you find it's way below that average, you're still losing air and it might not be the bags, it could be the compressor releasing too much to atmosphere. This AirRide system is something I will avoid like the plague in the future. Mine will hold air but it won't go to normal ride height without throwing codes or getting stuck on "lowering" I might be a candidate for the Monroe changeout or even another compressor with simple switches. I always like those early 90's LA rap videos. I'd be much happier with that, I'd be hittin' switches at stoplights