Truck Plans/Ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ridgeracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys! I'm new to the forum as well as a new Dodge owner. I currently own a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie and I need some idea's and info. I also encourage other's to show their plans for their trucks as well. But anyways, here's mine!

- Bully Dog GT Hemi Programmer
- K&N Aircharger intake
- Magnaflow 14" Exhaust
- Rough Country 4" Lift Kit
- Nitto Trail Grappler 35x12.5R20
- KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels (20"x9/Black)
- Amp Research Power Step
- Digidodes 50" LED Lightbar mounted to the roof
- Digidodes 30" LED Lightbar mounted to a lightbar on bumper
- Moe's Performance 87mm Ported Throttle Body
- BBK Ceramic Coated Shorty Headers

Let me know what you guys think, trying to make the colours come together better as well seeing as they are a little all over the place, so I was thinking colour matching the tow mirriors to the truck and the front and rear bumper to match the trim.

Attachments

• Kris's Truck.jpg
    Kris's Truck.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Kris's Truck (1).jpg
    Kris's Truck (1).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 41
  • kris's truck 3.jpg
    kris's truck 3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 42

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome and nice truck! I agree with matching the bumpers to the lower trim. You've got a nice list of mods. :)

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Those chrome bumpers are going to be a pain to paint. Your should go with a mild off road bumper and paint that to match.

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Nice truck and ghost trailer. I have the same colors. I'd personally ditch the chrome bug shield. And if you plan on driving a lot around town and on the highway, I'd avoid the Trail Grapplers and get the Terra. I have the trails in that size, and they are horrible in the rain over 45mph. Like, fear for your life horrible. I know everyone loves Nitto's but most aren't running those M/T's. However, they are amazing tires off pavement.

Skip the K&N as well, it's garbage, there is already a thread on here about it.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice truck and ghost trailer. I have the same colors. I'd personally ditch the chrome bug shield. And if you plan on driving a lot around town and on the highway, I'd avoid the Trail Grapplers and get the Terra. I have the trails in that size, and they are horrible in the rain over 45mph. Like, fear for your life horrible. I know everyone loves Nitto's but most aren't running those M/T's. However, they are amazing tires off pavement.

I wasn't going to mention the ghost trailer, but I thought about it. Lol

Ditto what BA said about the K&N, Personally I would go with and S&B or a Vararam. I haven't made up my mind yet.

joshgeezy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

+1 on the Trail Grapplers. I have them in a 33" and made a long road trip a few weeks ago that ended up being mostly in the rain. Trip took me even longer because I had to back off the gas with these tires. I think i'll look to get the Terra Grapplers next time around even though they don't look as aggressive they seem to give the best of both worlds. Nice Truck by the way! I think the color matched bumpers to tie everything in would look awesome!

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Most people love their trail grapplers! I read a ton of reviews on them and most were great, that's why I got mine. Hopefully they aren't bad on wet pavement!

nolimits76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like you have some nice mods planned out. Having owned a Jeep before and doing a lift and re-doing them, I would advise you to carefully search out the size and type of lift you want. Obviously cost is a factor for most people, but sometimes saving a little longer and spending a little more makes a night & day difference in everyday drive/ride quality. Also, having a good idea about your offroad goals will really help with some of those decisions.

Other suggestion....might consider long tubes instead of shorty's...assuming you live somewhere that is emission friendly.