Truck Pulling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tegguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2004 Ram 1500 with 70K on it had ball joints replaced last week (both upper and lower on both sides) and they had the alignment done by a shop. I picked the truck up and noticed it was pulling to the right pretty bad. After talking to the shop that did the work they mentioned tire pull potentially causing the issues. I was changing brakes over the weekend and swapped the front tires (left to right) and the pull was still there to the right. I took it back to the alignment shop to check the alignment and they said it's spot on and once again it was a tire issue so they swapped the tires from to to back (putting a tire with slightly more tread on the front right (had a flat on the back right a little bit back) but the truck is still pulling to the right.

Any suggestions on how I should proceed? I was going to call the mechanic shop and talk to them but I was hoping to have somewhat of an idea to what I could point to. Does anyone have any insights?

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Make sure the air pressure in the tires is good all the way around but you did what any good shop would've done. You rotated the tires and found it still pulls to the same side so that means there is something else wrong in the front end or the alignment is still off. If the alignment shop is adamant about the alignment being within spec then take it somewhere else to get a second. Also make sure the road is very flat because the road can be crowned in the center and make it feel like the truck is pulling to the right.

OP
OP
T

tegguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the response that's what I was thinking. I have checked on different roads and different speeds to try to eliminate the road issue. I've so noticed that when I hit a small bump the steering wheel jumps. I'm not sure if this is related to the issue I've seen with Moog balljoints not wanting to return to center or not.

V delivery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I would be interested to know if you got your problem fixed. I have a 2018 ram 2500 4X4 long bed that has that pulling to the right problem. I finally took it to an auto body shop recommended by the local dealer because non of the dealers here have body shops and had them measure the truck and they deemed the truck unsafe to drive. The frame has a twist in it. I am currently about to get a lawyer and would like to find as many people as I can that have the same problem. I bought my truck new and it is documented that it has had a pull from day one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denning