truck stall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
17 ram w cummins laramie
81,600 miles
Was leaving the house, and the engine kind of hesitated while accelerating. Got to the light a mile down the road, and it flat out stalled. Luckily, I was able to turn it around, and get back to the house - with 2 more stalls and coasts.
All my numbers looked good, all my pressures looked good - stock engine. No history or engine trouble, never once in 5 years, has it ever hesitated.
The only change that happened was the freeze last night, but the last free 2 years ago was worse, and it didn't affect it at all.

Has anyone come across this before?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Might be a gelled up fuel issue, you may want to take some action on that, as TX never does treat fuel normally, except say in Amarillo area, because it just does not get that cold normally, just saying. It was done to 12F in the middle of the state, which for here is stupid cold. All IMHO. I also always ran Diesel Kleen in my ED when I had a diesel due to the Bio junk fuel, to increase Cetane level, but that is not causing your problem, just an observation.

OP
OP
Average_gatsby45

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
i typically run a bottle of teh amsoil diesel treat every other tank, and i did put some anti gel in this time. in anticipation of the freeze.
i it idles fine, i just find it kinda odd that it survived teh last freeze , which was 10 -12F colder than this cold snap..

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
i typically run a bottle of teh amsoil diesel treat every other tank, and i did put some anti gel in this time. in anticipation of the freeze.
i it idles fine, i just find it kinda odd that it survived teh last freeze , which was 10 -12F colder than this cold snap..
You may have bought from a station that received fuel with a higher amount of Bio mix then ordered or even mixed with a bad batch of Bio or fuel that contained more water then normal, I would be checking the fuel filters asap just in case it was gelled fuel and just to be safe use a good anti gel for a few tanks to help remove any water in your tank...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may have bought from a station that received fuel with a higher amount of Bio mix then ordered or even mixed with a bad batch of Bio or fuel that contained more water then normal, I would be checking the fuel filters asap just in case it was gelled fuel and just to be safe use a good anti gel for a few tanks to help remove any water in your tank...
^^^ DITTO ^^^