TRX vs Durango Hellcat

TRX Vs Hellcat Durango

• TRX

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • Hellcat Durango

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Just remember you will have to be quick to get either.

The Durango is one year only. The TRX is sold out of its launch edition in record time.

The Durango is awesome. The TRX is awesome.

Comes down to 3rd row or a truck bed

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey guys, the knowledge base here goes welllllll beyond mine with these trucks. I currently have a 2019 1500 Laramie Sport, lifted, exhaust, intake, etc..

The big question is that I will be ordering a new "work vehicle" in late January and am torn. TRX vs Hellcat Durango.

Work is relative and I only use the truck bed sparingly a few times per year. But love the idea of a truck. Have had a Durango SRT before this Ram and was in love with it. The Durango is limited to a production run of 2000 only as well.

Would love to see what you guys think! Appreciate any and all responses.
Your idea of a "work truck" is not the normal definition.

Standard work truck definition:
Tradesman.JPG

Osudoc2012's work truck definition:
TRX.JPG

Are you or your company hiring: :naughty:

BowDown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mpg sucks I agree but no one looking at 700+hp combustion engine vehicle honestly gives 2 craps about that lol. I'll throw this out there if I had the money the new gmc hummer would be going in the garage and I hate the idea of electric cars but you can't deny the capability. Example tesla's slowest car will run with a stock cat in the 1/4.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6920 using Tapatalk

You will after a few months of fill ups. I know lots of Trackhawk guys that said that and now those trackhawks are for sale for that very reason

Moparfanatic21

U.S. Marine Vet - 0321, Now a Doctor...of Vehicles
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope when these ev trucks hit everyone goes and buys one. Trading their RAM trucks at an alarming rate.

So the damn price of used trucks will come back down. I want to own 4 4th Gens and a New 5th Gen like I did when I owned 2 Powerwagons, a Trailduster and a Power RAM while buying a 3 year old 2nd Gen. All in I had 13k in all of them

Now I can not buy a wornout 2nd Gen with 200k for less than 10k

Heck I just saw a 2nd gen going for 39k.

Please...jump ship to the Hummer for its 0 to 60 time...i need cheap RAMS
2nd gens are cheap around here man.

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol.. GMC.. JUNK.. owned 2 of them, all JUNK.. good luck with your hummer.. interesting to see this in a Mopar forum..

Oh and by the way, a new Electric car has already caused 30,000 pounds of carbon-dioxide emission when comparing manufacturing a conventional car is 14,000 pounds. You would have to drive your electric car over 100,000 miles to make up for the amount of emissions it produced. Is it really worth it?

I think not.. I’ll be the last one to buy a electric car..

If I were you, I would buy the Durango hellcat and enjoy the hell out of it. It will get better MPG and it will be awesome one of a kind since they are only building a set number.
No I'll be the last to buy electric. I hate them and I owned a Tesla

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Then they deserve the darwin award. Proof that some have more money than brains.

And some would say, that is not a bad problem to have.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mpg sucks I agree but no one looking at 700+hp combustion engine vehicle honestly gives 2 craps about that lol. I'll throw this out there if I had the money the new gmc hummer would be going in the garage and I hate the idea of electric cars but you can't deny the capability. Example tesla's slowest car will run with a stock cat in the 1/4.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

OMG..... electric cars...... no comparison! Yea can the move, year buy after 2 runs the batteries have to cool and recharge. Let’s do 5 runs down the track then try convincing me how great an electric vehicle is. And if you are a greeniac consider that the long term toxic pollution of not only the manufacturing of the batteries but the recycling costs and the toxic remnants are 4X GREATER than an internal combustion vehicle. Most greeniacs cant see the forest because the trees are blocking their view, and can’t figure it out!

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OMG..... electric cars...... no comparison! Yea can the move, year buy after 2 runs the batteries have to cool and recharge.

AutoCorrect? Drunken ramblings? No clue here.

... if you are a greeniac consider that the long term toxic pollution of not only the manufacturing of the batteries but the recycling costs and the toxic remnants are 4X GREATER than an internal combustion vehicle.

OK, maybe AutoCorrect.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
OMG..... electric cars...... no comparison! Yea can the move, year buy after 2 runs the batteries have to cool and recharge. Let’s do 5 runs down the track then try convincing me how great an electric vehicle is. And if you are a greeniac consider that the long term toxic pollution of not only the manufacturing of the batteries but the recycling costs and the toxic remnants are 4X GREATER than an internal combustion vehicle. Most greeniacs cant see the forest because the trees are blocking their view, and can’t figure it out!
2 runs? Then cool the batteries and recharge?
You obviously have done zero reading about electric cars. You will do a hell of alot more than 2 runs for a track on a full charge. The batteries wouldn't build enough heat in a 1/4 mile run at full draw to effect them much, not to mention the minimal draw I between runs, they would generate almost zero heat so they would dissipate pretty much any heat that was generated during the run.
Production and recycling have already proven to be a greener option than fossil fuel.
Research age learn before making uninformed comments.
Electric is here to stay rather we like it or not, and it's already beating the hell out of our beastly V8s with technology that's in its infanantcy. I'm actually excited to see what the future holds for EV.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Moparfanatic21

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No thanks.

But, can't you just turn it OFF?
I tried iPhone wasn't for my I just tried the iPhone 12. But hey that's why they have them people like different things.

Not that I can find

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
2 runs? Then cool the batteries and recharge?
You obviously have done zero reading about electric cars. You will do a hell of alot more than 2 runs for a track on a full charge. The batteries wouldn't build enough heat in a 1/4 mile run at full draw to effect them much, not to mention the minimal draw I between runs, they would generate almost zero heat so they would dissipate pretty much any heat that was generated during the run.
Production and recycling have already proven to be a greener option than fossil fuel.
Research age learn before making uninformed comments.
Electric is here to stay rather we like it or not, and it's already beating the hell out of our beastly V8s with technology that's in its infanantcy. I'm actually excited to see what the future holds for EV.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

the cars are somewhat impressive but the trucks have a ways to go. I can tow my trailer over 400 miles on a tank of gas and be back on the road in less than 10 minutes. Once the electric trucks hit that, then we shall talk. Oh and for less than a house payment.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Durango I thought about the trx but imho the raptor is getting a v8 so it'll do it better and even though I love the look of the rams the raptor looks better than the trx also.

Enjoy that Ferd forum Good bye.

Ram Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You will after a few months of fill ups. I know lots of Trackhawk guys that said that and now those trackhawks are for sale for that very reason

My hellcat still gets better mpg than the power wagon, it's my commuter car. I didn't buy them for the mpg's just the mps