Trying to find UAQ 8.4 Update Version 19.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmontel727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, First Post

I have a transplanted uconnect 4c uaq with 18.14 firmware in my truck, carplay is not working right. Android auto works perfect. I think it needs an update. I tried to update the firmware to 21.9, but it never flashes. It starts from 90% then goes to 96% and then restarts the radio. Reading some of the TSB's it looks like I need to get to 19.9 first. So I'm trying to find the 19.9 update, but I have not been able to find a copy anywhere. Asking the forum community for some help finding the elsusive 19.9 update.

Thanks in advance

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello, First Post

I have a transplanted uconnect 4c uaq with 18.14 firmware in my truck, carplay is not working right. Android auto works perfect. I think it needs an update. I tried to update the firmware to 21.9, but it never flashes. It starts from 90% then goes to 96% and then restarts the radio. Reading some of the TSB's it looks like I need to get to 19.9 first. So I'm trying to find the 19.9 update, but I have not been able to find a copy anywhere. Asking the forum community for some help finding the elsusive 19.9 update.

Thanks in advance
I haven't come across the 19.9 firmware. If memory serves, @Mpgrimm2 had it hosted for a little bit but it was taken down as a bad firmware that caused multiple issues. You should be able to flash 21.9 from your current firmware level as the TSB doesn't appear to mention a minimum level. IN fact, from the TSB data I "think" there is no minimum requirement all the way up to 28.3 BUT I would try 22.6 first if 21.9 isn't working for you. Then if 22.6 works, flash 28.3, then you can jump straight to the latest 40.1.

In addition, the USB hub you have may only be compatible with Android Auto. Their were some early 2018 hubs that only worked with AA when the radio was upgraded. So to fix that, you would need a new USB hub.

OP
OP
C

cmontel727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven't come across the 19.9 firmware. If memory serves, @Mpgrimm2 had it hosted for a little bit but it was taken down as a bad firmware that caused multiple issues. You should be able to flash 21.9 from your current firmware level as the TSB doesn't appear to mention a minimum level. IN fact, from the TSB data I "think" there is no minimum requirement all the way up to 28.3 BUT I would try 22.6 first if 21.9 isn't working for you. Then if 22.6 works, flash 28.3, then you can jump straight to the latest 40.1.

In addition, the USB hub you have may only be compatible with Android Auto. Their were some early 2018 hubs that only worked with AA when the radio was upgraded. So to fix that, you would need a new USB hub.
Thanks for the response and the information. I will give 22.6 a try. Fingers crossed. lol

OP
OP
C

cmontel727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, just tried to upgrade the radio to 22.6. Same outcome...It starts from 90% then goes to 96% and then restarts the radio. Does not update and brings me back to "there is an update available". So I have attached some clips from the TSB from Stellantis. Makes me think I am too low having version 18.14 installed? They keep showing a threshold of version 19.9. Maybe that why the updates don't take?
TSB 1.pngtsb2.png

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So, just tried to upgrade the radio to 22.6. Same outcome...It starts from 90% then goes to 96% and then restarts the radio. Does not update and brings me back to "there is an update available". So I have attached some clips from the TSB from Stellantis. Makes me think I am too low having version 18.14 installed? They keep showing a threshold of version 19.9. Maybe that why the updates don't take?
View attachment 536677View attachment 536678
Are you sure it hasn't completed? Can you take a picture and post it of the "there is an update available" screen you are referring to?

OP
OP
C

cmontel727

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure it hasn't completed? Can you take a picture and post it of the "there is an update available" screen you are referring to?
Sure. Please see the picture of the radio in dealer mode after the update. I will re-run the update and get you picture of the message as well.

radio update.png

lwkey

Reaction score
Mine does the same behavior in my Charger- I have tried multiple different versions and none of them will flash- just gets to the screen and after a bit restarts and prompts to update again without applying the update. I too am unable to find the fix to this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357