Trying to make a rendering.....thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm getting ready to repair some body damage done by my wife, and pick out a Father's Day present.

To that end I want to get a render done so I have a plan and can customize as I repair, so I was looking for some opinions on design.

Here is the front end mock up with Plasti-dip:
plasti-close.jpg

I also mocked up the gas door:
plasti-Dside.jpg

The damaged parts are the bumper cover, fog light cover and the chrome tape on the grill is starting to bubble:
bumper-damage.jpg

So I'm trying to decide:
-what color to paint the grill- black, body color, or replace with billet (matching headlights?)
-fog light bumper cover- repair and restore to stock or paint
-gas door- chrome or black
-tail lights- LED's in red or black

The tail lights should be coming for Father's Day so I want to pick a scheme and start putting together over the summer.

Any suggestions?

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
I like the black grille and black gas door.. if you are thinking about doing the bedliner on the bottom then I would spray the bumper and the bumper cover black.. I am doing that in the very near future with mine... But I am eliminating all chrome.. The LED tails will look great with the black tint on them.. good luck and looking forward to the pics!

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I agree with that ^^^^.

OP
OP
RAMnCali

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay, played around with the Gimp and here is one possibility:

render1.jpg

Your suggestions are matching up with my original thoughts for the truck, but I'm surprised at how much I like the grill the way it is now. I think this means I need to black out the bumpers and see how it looks with no chrome, to decide which way I like it better. But I'm thinking either black out the bumpers and low body with liner and color match the grill, or black out the grill, black gas door, black tails and inside of headlight blacked out to match with everything under the bumper line chrome/polished.

OP
OP
RAMnCali

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Number 2:

render3.jpg

Then get the wheels to match; does anyone know if you can remove the paint from the alloy wheels and polish them to a shiny finish?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Option 1 looks like a well thought out plan, option 2 looks like cheap bolt ons.

Color match that grill, then get the bumpers / rockers all done in bed liner.

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I like #1 as well, but the headlights would look good with the black accents too

OP
OP
RAMnCali

RAMnCali

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone for the input; I really do want to get that complete look before I start putting much cash into exterior. I like the #1 concept, but keep wondering if I can pull the trigger on the bedliner. Has anyone seen or tried a wrap on part of the body? Is that feasible to have black but reversible if I can't commit to spraying the body panels?