Tubbing the front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riderP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 4/6 drop on my 2008 Dodge Ram. I'm running 305/35/24 tires. My front tires keep eating up my fender liners. Has anyone put tubs up front? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
It has definitely been done. I've seen one truck online that laid frame with 26's. The tubs went up to the hood and touched it, and the whole front subframe of the body had to be modified.

The only other truck I know of is Slammed1's setup. He has a 5/7 or 5/8 drop with a 31.5" tire (305/40R22) and zero rubbing, but only because of careful offset choice and fender mods+removed liners.

I personally want to know if there is a "mini tub" mod for our trucks like there is for NBS and NNBS Chevys; Basically, something to complement an "under bed" C-notch for those daily driven 4/6 and 5/7 trucks that want to run a size or two larger than we "should" under "normal" no fuss circumstances.

And if not, how far can we tub it without having to cut into the cab's subframe or heavily relocate stuff in the engine bay?