Tune for 2013 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone, I have a 2013 1500 5.7 L and I have installed a cold air intake as well as a super 44 muffler and was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where to get started for a tune. I have a tuner and a laptop but I’m not sure where to go or what to do to get a tune, can anyone help me?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What sort of tuner do you have?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's a good choice for a tuner.

I'd suggest contacting Hemifever Tuning - Sean Powell or Diablotoona - Johan Mangs, for a custom tune.

Sean did one for my 2014 6.4L 2500 and it was awesome. Johan wrote the tune for my 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 and I've been traction limited in that car ever since. :D

Both those guys have websites. All you have to do is google them. They will have you install one of the canned tunes in your truck, then have you log with the programmer while driving. Then you email them the log files and the last tune written (the canned tune) and they put together the custom tune. They will email that to you, you'll put it on the programmer then load it into the truck. You might do the log/email logs/download tune/log thing a few times. They will send you very easy to follow instructions on the process.

You can also search for a Diablosport trained CMR tuner in your area and get the tune done on a dyno but that's gonna be a lot more expensive.

OP
OP
J

JoshG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a good choice for a tuner.

I'd suggest contacting Hemifever Tuning - Sean Powell or Diablotoona - Johan Mangs, for a custom tune.

Sean did one for my 2014 6.4L 2500 and it was awesome. Johan wrote the tune for my 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 and I've been traction limited in that car ever since. :D

Both those guys have websites. All you have to do is google them. They will have you install one of the canned tunes in your truck, then have you log with the programmer while driving. Then you email them the log files and the last tune written (the canned tune) and they put together the custom tune. They will email that to you, you'll put it on the programmer then load it into the truck. You might do the log/email logs/download tune/log thing a few times. They will send you very easy to follow instructions on the process.

You can also search for a Diablosport trained CMR tuner in your area and get the tune done on a dyno but that's gonna be a lot more expensive.

Thank you very much!!! Who is the best for the money in your opinion?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Thank you very much!!! Who is the best for the money in your opinion?

Jay Greene is another very reputable tuner to.Matt Brown of Demon Motosports is another tuner to consider.Contact the tuners listed here and above,talk to them and go with your gut feeling on who you like the best.Jay Greene does sort of specialize in the trucks if that makes a difference to you

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That's a tough pick. Any one of the tuners listed can do the job. I listed Sean and Johan as they are two that I have personal, and excellent, experience with.