Tuners and programmers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What is the best tuner/programmer for my 2011 ram 1500 hemi. Would like a good tune for horsepower and torque. I currently have a k&n cold air intake a 90mm throttle body and a flow master muffler on it and would like to tune it ? Any other ideas would be nice for performance. Thank you

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like the Diablosport programmers. I've used them on three of my own Hemi powered vehicles.

I'd suggest that you get a programmer & custom tune package. The "canned" tunes, those that come from Diablosport with the programmer, are OK but a custom tune really makes a difference in performance.

A freer flowing intake, a freer flowing exhause and a tuner are the best bang for the buck mods you can make for performance.

Get in touch with Matt @ Moe's Performance - a preferred vendor here on RamForum - and ask about his current programmer + custom tune package.

OP
OP
D

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Perfect thank you how to I get a custom tune on those instead of the ones that come on the programmer ?

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Matt Fikac (on Facebook) is the owner of Moe’s Performance and he sells the DiabloSport. He also offers packages of the DiabloSport tuner and Hemifever tuning. Hemifever will send you a tune via email based on your upgrades and truck options to give you the best tune. He will also give you updated tunes as you add upgrades to your truck to keep it at its best.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Perfect thank you how to I get a custom tune on those instead of the ones that come on the programmer ?

You will always get the canned tunes when you buy the programmer. You have room on the programmer to add custom tunes to it. Also, the programmer will store your stock tune with the rest of tunes. You can always download a copy of your stock tune and put it on a PC or thumb drive just in case you need it.

As far as loading the custom tune you will follow the directions given to you by the tuner who puts together the tune. Basically it entails the following steps:

1. Purchase your programmer and custom tune package. Make sure the Diablosport programmer you purchase will accommodate custom tuning.

2. Load the programmer on your truck.

3. Contact your tuner and get their instructions for logging your truck's performance. They may have some questions about what sort of options you'd like, tire sizes, whether or not you have MDS and want to turn it off, if you would prefer a performance tune, a towing tune or a MPG tune, etc....

4. Perform the logging operation, download the logs to your home PC and email them to your tuner.

5. Your tuner will create a tune and send you a file. Load that tune file to the programmer using your home PC, then load the custom tune on your truck.

6. Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5.

You might do steps 3, 4 & 5 once more if your tuner asks you to do a third logging session.

I got my programmer & custom tune program from Matt @ Moe's Performance. The tuner he used at the time was Hemifever (Sean Powell) and I was super happy with how my

OP
OP
D

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Matt Fikac (on Facebook) is the owner of Moe’s Performance and he sells the DiabloSport. He also offers packages of the DiabloSport tuner and Hemifever tuning. Hemifever will send you a tune via email based on your upgrades and truck options to give you the best tune. He will also give you updated tunes as you add upgrades to your truck to keep it at its best.

Thank you I will look into that

OP
OP
D

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You will always get the canned tunes when you buy the programmer. You have room on the programmer to add custom tunes to it. Also, the programmer will store your stock tune with the rest of tunes. You can always download a copy of your stock tune and put it on a PC or thumb drive just in case you need it.

As far as loading the custom tune you will follow the directions given to you by the tuner who puts together the tune. Basically it entails the following steps:

1. Purchase your programmer and custom tune package. Make sure the Diablosport programmer you purchase will accommodate custom tuning.

2. Load the programmer on your truck.

3. Contact your tuner and get their instructions for logging your truck's performance. They may have some questions about what sort of options you'd like, tire sizes, whether or not you have MDS and want to turn it off, if you would prefer a performance tune, a towing tune or a MPG tune, etc....

4. Perform the logging operation, download the logs to your home PC and email them to your tuner.

5. Your tuner will create a tune and send you a file. Load that tune file to the programmer using your home PC, then load the custom tune on your truck.

6. Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5.

You might do steps 3, 4 & 5 once more if your tuner asks you to do a third logging session.

I got my programmer & custom tune program from Matt @ Moe's Performance. The tuner he used at the time was Hemifever (Sean Powell) and I was super happy with how my

you rock thank you so much for the info !

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
What’s wrong with the 90mm throttle body ?

Nothing if you’re Custom tuned for it, your 5.7 doesn’t ingest enough air to fully utilize the OEM 80mm. They use the same TB on the 6.4 and is adequate.

Sell it and use the money towards something that will give gains.

OP
OP
D

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Nothing if you’re Custom tuned for it, your 5.7 doesn’t ingest enough air to fully utilize the OEM 80mm. They use the same TB on the 6.4 and is adequate.

If I put a custom tune on it for the throttle body then is it worth it to leave it on ?

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

If I put a custom tune on it for the throttle body then is it worth it to leave it on ?

I totally agree with Tim Garceau. Everything behind your throttle body is still stock and it will only handle so much air.

Keep it or sell it ... that's up to you. Tim Garceau makes a good point. It could be money to pay for some additional tuning or other mods.

OP
OP
D

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I totally agree with Tim Garceau. Everything behind your throttle body is still stock and it will only handle so much air.

Keep it or sell it ... that's up to you. Tim Garceau makes a good point. It could be money to pay for some additional tuning or other mods.

What do you suggest as another mod ?

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
What do you suggest as another mod ?
He's trying to tell you the largest point on the intake opening for tb is 85mm so it's redundant to put anything larger on top.

Tell us more about the tb......does it idle okay now.....who made.....90mm true bore or 90mm tapered into 80mm stock bore?

90mm tapered to stock would be okay.........suppose to speed up air flow.

You also going to need something like the Vararam cold air filter for a supporting mod on the tapered tb

Larger cam/port matched heads/intake & bracket 3-angle valve job would move more air for larger tb's.

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

For ***** and giggles I took the Fastman 84 true bore throttle body off my tuned/FBO/cammed/nitrous'd truck and threw it on the wifes stock untuned 2019 Challenger 1320 with the 6.4,the car actually wouldn't run the same numbers as it would with the stock throttle body. The 1320 Challengers come through with a higher stall convertor and different shift mapping in the 8 speed then the standard Scatpack 392 cars have,and if it didn't like the bigger TB with-out being tuned for it,an untuned basically stock 5.7 isn't really going to gain much either

OP
OP
D

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
He's trying to tell you the largest point on the intake opening for tb is 85mm so it's redundant to put anything larger on top.

Tell us more about the tb......does it idle okay now.....who made.....90mm true bore or 90mm tapered into 80mm stock bore?

90mm tapered to stock would be okay.........suppose to speed up air flow.

You also going to need something like the Vararam cold air filter for a supporting mod on the tapered tb

Larger cam/port matched heads/intake & bracket 3-angle valve job would move more air for larger tb's.

Right, makes sense. It’s a bbk 90mm. It idles fine. Around 750. Just seems like 500$ for nothing hugely noticeable is a waist

OP
OP
D

Dan Zybczynski

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
For ***** and giggles I took the Fastman 84 true bore throttle body off my tuned/FBO/cammed/nitrous'd truck and threw it on the wifes stock untuned 2019 Challenger 1320 with the 6.4,the car actually wouldn't run the same numbers as it would with the stock throttle body. The 1320 Challengers come through with a higher stall convertor and different shift mapping in the 8 speed then the standard Scatpack 392 cars have,and if it didn't like the bigger TB with-out being tuned for it,an untuned basically stock 5.7 isn't really going to gain much either

Wow. No **** hmm thanks for you feedback