Turn signals Gen 2 (Factory lights)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi,
I have a 2001 ram 2500 4x4.
I am having an intermittent turn signal issue.
All lights are good.
Hazards all work correct.
From what i understand, the flasher relay for the turn signals is also used on the hazards......so the problem cant be the relay.
The fact that all lights work on hazard, it cant be the bulbs or ground??
This points directly to the switch......correct????
(Another interesting point is that when they quit working on the truck, they quit working on the trailer also..........And when they are working, they are all working.)

Thanks

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
It definitely can be the flasher, and they are cheap. I would start there since it's less than $20 at any parts store. I would be looking at the multi-function switch after that. RockAuto is your friend on that one but parts stores will have one for less than $100. It wouldn't hurt to pull the column shroud off and check out the harness for the switch. could be an intermittent connection problem. I have seen them melt before. As for trailer lights they get signal from the signal lights on the truck so if it works on the truck, it works on the trailer, and visa-versa

ViolentMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Your flasher is a combo unit and could 100% be the problem.

Here is a good starting place.....

blinkers.jpg

OP
OP
M

Mike68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys.
I'll come back and share what it was, when I find it.