Uconnect.com Broken (By design?) Updates Page

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
@RamCares Can you reach out to Uconnect and find out why their Uconnect.com Update checker is broken.

I've been saying it for over a year, the Uconnect.com firmware update check does not work for newer trucks. I was 98% sure it was broken, whether it be by design or due to laziness on Uconnects part. But the Uconnect RA2 5" that I had in my early build 2019 2500 (now transplanted into my 2019 5500) has always been an unbelievably laggy POS, but worse yet, it constantly reset itself and constantly reset the clock to 12:00. I checked the Uconnect firmware update page several times using my VIN# only to be told that the radio is up to date and there are no updates available.

Thanks to someone with access to the dealer software I found out there were at least 2, possibly 3 updates available for my radio that were TSB's to address a HUGE list of issues with this Uconnect radio, and two of those listed issues were random radio resets, and clock resets to 12:00.

So I'm now 100% sure the Uconnect Firmware update check does not work, period. However I'm still not sure if it doesn't work by design or negligence. Either way, it should be fixed and made to work because it's unacceptable that the end users have to go through the hassle of scheduling service appointments, then wasting time driving to dealerships (which is for some people hours away) that usually require the problem to be diagnosed before they bother looking in their system to see if an update is available. It's been my experience that dealerships usually don't want to deal with this waste of time.

If Uconnect actually properly supported their radios, it'd be a simple easy process for end users with problems to actually check for updates themselves and install them on their own time vs going through the hassle of scheduling a service appointment at their dealership which could yield no results.

Bad enough Uconnect releases products with broken software, but also having a webpage that's supposed to allow owners to check for updates themselves, but is, I feel, purposely disabled is like adding insult to injury. Uconnect needs to get their **** together and either release software that's properly tested and fully functional, or at the very least give owners direct access to the updates as they become available.

Unfortunately I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but if enough of us complain to RAM, and even the NHTSA, since it is extremely distracting to the driver when the Uconnects have problems, MAYBE Ram will take notice and start putting some pressure on Uconnect to get their software sorted.

/endrant

RDNKB34R

Reaction score
Seems like by now it would be almost a class action lawsuit waiting to happen....

Also keeping an eye on this.

OP
OP
g00fy

g00fy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
are you looking at this website
Yup that's the one, and when you call uconnect on it, they tell you, yes there's updates for your vehicle but you gotta get it done at the dealer, and when you ask why they say "oh well, certain updates can't be done via download, you have to go your dealer to have them done."

Which is BS, since the only difference between how the dealer does the update vs the end user is that the dealer actually has access to the update files.

Funny thing is I was finally able to download the update they were talking about from a forum member, and guess what? It installed just fine with my own USB drive.

Actually I've attached a screen shot of what they said.
Screenshot_20220418-072257.png

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Yup that's the one, and when you call uconnect on it, they tell you, yes there's updates for your vehicle but you gotta get it done at the dealer, and when you ask why they say "oh well, certain updates can't be done via download, you have to go your dealer to have them done."

Which is BS, since the only difference between how the dealer does the update vs the end user is that the dealer actually has access to the update files.

Funny thing is I was finally able to download the update they were talking about from a forum member, and guess what? It installed just fine with my own USB drive.

Actually I've attached a screen shot of what they said.
View attachment 491395

My dealer told me they do not do these type of updates at all, its all done by satellite

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I missed a Satellite update & i went to the Driveconnect website, i tried downloading it twice, FAIL
I went to a friend with a computer shop, he could not get it to work either.
So i went to Bestbuy, they downloaded the file to a thumb drive & used two methods.
Finally i gave up & went to the Dodge dealership & they have 1 guy there that had done it before, he down loaded it onto a thumb drive & gave it to the Service Assistant that i always use & he downloaded it to the radio, it cost me $60 at the dealership