Uconnect Navigation Map Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FPrice

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've received several offers to buy an update to my Navigation Mapping and finally bought it.

Just got the USB and directions on how to update. Seems rather...time consuming? Anyone else try this lately?

The steps seem straight forward, I just find it difficult to believe that I need to prepare to leave my truck running for 45 minutes to accomplish this process.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I did the update to my 2016 Ram with 8.4 AN system

The reason they say to leave the truck running, is so the battery does not go dead.

You could connect up to battery charger or maintainer & just leave the ignition in the ON position.

I learned that about the time that the download is half way done, you will need to leave the truck for 1 reason or another, a child falling on the driveway, your better half wants you to get something down from a shelf that is to high for them, you have to pee etc.

You can not stop the download, without completely ruining the radio.
Have your spare FOB in your pocket, so you can unlock the truck when you get back to the vehicle

RamInfo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What he said! Hook up battery charger and hang out for 30-45mins. Bring a phone or tablet with you and catch up on your reading material while you wait.

best,
D

RCarpenter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the update on my 2013 and the update sucks. The new update is from "here" and it is not worth it. Most of the new streets/roads in my area are not there, also the color of the map is dull grey and has very little color and/or detail. I wish I had the old software back.

JCs Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The new update is from "here" means ? exactly? I was planning on doing it on a 2016 2500 but now I'm not sure. Does it just affect the changes to the roads or are there other enhancements as well? Thanks.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
"here" is the map supplier company. They supplied the maps in my last truck's Pioneer head unit GPS. They seemed OK at the time.